Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Java Developer - Clearstream HUB Team (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Deutsche Börse Group is far more than a pure marketplace organizer for the trading in shares. It is a transaction services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data. Our success is based on our highly integrated and automated IT systems. Therefore, Information Technology is the core of Deutsche Börse: With advanced technology it affords companies and investors access to global capital markets. Information Technology designs, builds and operates the technological infrastructure of Deutsche Börse and 16 other exchanges around the world as well as Post-trade services at the international level. More than 1,000 IT employees implement the segments’ strategies through technological applications, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group.
By joining our team you will:
- Work on the backend application crucial for the Clearstream business as it is a gateway to the SWIFT network and other systems.
- Become a member of the international team of professionals with friendly and informal relationships.
- Participate in the various stages of software development cycle.
- Work in cloud-based environment, containers and orchestration
- Review and ensure code quality, code security, documentations
- Be involved in all projects' aspects related to our large application landscape
- Analyze requirements; document, design, implement and support the proposed solutions
- Play a vital role to reach our DevOps, Test Automation and Cloud objectives
- Support production, business and performance tests environments
What we would be expecting about you:
- University degree in information technology, engineering or similar
- Professional experience of at least 2 years in software designs and development
- Experience within the following technologies:
- Core Java 8+ with concurrency
- Object oriented analysis and design techniques
- JUnit or similar
- Linux basics
- Critical thinking, the ability to identify problems and propose solutions
Following experience is a plus:
- Jenkins CI
- Oracle RDBMS, PL/SQL
- Java EE, JMS
- Apache Kafka
- RESTful APIs and services
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Cloud Services (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Financial Markets background
The following interpersonal skills are essential:
- Strong communication skills and ability to negotiate
- High self-motivation, attention to details
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Autonomous, openminded, eager to learn and share
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Top up your pension! We provide you a contribution to the pension fund which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Your work-life balance is important! We offer you our MultiSport Card which you can use for various sport and wellness activities.
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.