Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
JAVA Software Developer - Investment Funds Application (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the largest exchange organizations worldwide. As a financial marketplace organizer, the company provides a portfolio of services covering the entire process chain: securities and derivatives trading and clearing, netting and transaction settlement, risk management, custody and provision of market information. Information Technology designs, builds and operates the technological infrastructure of the company. These highly integrated and automated IT systems are essential to our success.
We are looking for a JAVA software developer to join the Investment Funds development team to work on an application based on Angular/Spring/JBoss/Oracle technologies.
Team members should possess and demonstrate the following technical skills and qualification:
- Practical experience with development of standard & enterprise Java applications (3 years or more)
- Excellent Java programming skills
- Experience with Spring (Framework, Boot, Security, Data, Integration)
- Experience with Frontend technologies, ideally Angular 11+, npm, TypeScript, RxJs
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with version control (GIT, GitHub) and issue tracking (JIRA) systems
Experience with following technologies is a plus:
- Java EE backend technology e.g. JPA (Hibernate) , JMS (AMQ, OAQ), EJB)
- Maven, Lombok, Liquibase
- Java EE Application Servers e.g. WebLogic / JBoss
- UML usage, design patterns
- Jenkins, Sonar integration tools
- Knowledge of testing tools such as Junit, Mocking Frameworks, Cucumber
- Knowledge of Oracle Database Server and PL/SQL
- Experience with NgRx framework and/or Redux libraries
The following interpersonal skills are essential:
- Critical thinking, the ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Responsibility and reliability in order to deliver agreed scope in time
- Ability to work as a part of the development team
- English is mandatory and this includes good English writing skills
- An interest in financial world, especially Investment Funds (Mutual / Hedge Funds) is appreciated
Tasks/responsibilities and what you can expect:
- Working in international multilocation environment
- Design and development of the IFS application(s) using Java and various frameworks
- Analysis of business requirements and implementing them into the application(s)
- Application(s) maintenance, improvements and production support
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Top up your pension! We provide you a contribution to the pension fund which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.
Your work-life balance is important! We offer you our MultiSport Card which you can use for various sport and wellness activities.