Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Java Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services Branch Prague • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the largest exchange organizations worldwide. Information Technology designs, builds and operates the technological infrastructure of the company. These highly integrated and automated IT systems are essential to our success. The Settlement department is responsible of real-time banking applications in the post-trade processing area of Clearstream/DBAG
As Software Engineer you will join the Regulatory Reporting DEV&FA Team. The Unit is responsible for developing /maintaining an efficient application landscape based on “state of the art technology” via which high data volumes can be processed efficiently and dynamically to ensure that reporting towards relevant Regulators can be covered adequately.
The team covers all parts of the development chain, i.e. the functional and technical designs as well as development, system test and transition activities.
Furthermore the central role of Regulatory Reporting within the company requires close interaction with various other stakeholder groups being part of the relevant end to end processing chains.
- Develop Functional Specifications in close cooperation with End Users / Business Analysts
- Support the evaluation of suitable technical tools / platforms
- Create technical architecture / designs within a group of experts with strong focus on aspects
like security, performance, scalability and maintainability
- Ensure that the solutions targeted are in synch with internal and external rules / standards
- Implement required functionality in close interaction with relevant stakeholders
- Organize and perform module / integration testing
- Plan and execute the transition from test into production environment
- Provide 2nd level support in case of technical incidents within the production environment
- University degree (master or diploma) in IT is preferred
- Very good skills and at least 3 years practical experience of DevOps oriented programming in Java (Python), relational databases, SQL, GitHub, messaging (JMS, AMQ) and Cloud technology
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand, structure and explain complex topics to various audiences
- Teamwork focus and strong communication skills
- Experience as Lead is preferred
- Ability to meet challenging project deadlines and deliver in a fast-moving oriented environment
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (German advantageous but not mandatory)
- Basic knowledge in financial industry (ideally in Regulatory Reporting)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.