Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Jira Developer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
In your new position, you will become a member of the Information Security Engineering team, part of Group Security in Prague. In the advertised position you will be advance the technology and functionality of our Jira based Information Security Tooling, e.g. risk inventory, vulnerability management and other security processes supporting the information security management lifecycle. The variety of challenging tasks you will be accomplishing include reviewing specifications, design and implement scripts for workflow automation and integration with external systems, plug-ins development, etc. Our requirements in terms of complex functionality, high reliability and availability will thoroughly challenge your development skills and provide ample opportunities for continuous improvement.
- You design, develop, customize and maintain our Jira based toolings, incl. the Jira REST API (with connections to other internal applications) and Environment to meet our long-term business needs.
- You use scripted fields to extend Jira functionality to meet organizational goals.
- You evaluate, recommend, and implement scripts or Jira plug-ins as they fit into integration workflows.
- You troubleshoot and debug across Jira and integrated systems.
- You ensure all code is testable, create unit tests, and work with quality engineers to develop integration tests.
- An Engineering degree in Computer Science, IT, Software System or equivalent work experience in the field
- Preferably 3 – 5 years of proven professional experience in Jira Development using Jira REST API and/or Jira Market Place Plug-Ins & JSON
- ACP-100 Jira Administrator and/or ACP-600 Project Administration in Jira Server Certifications are a plus
- Significant programming experience in at least one of Python, Groovy, Java, Go and/or equivalent
- Strong ability in understanding and modifying existing codebases
- Experienced in writing unit tests and creating mock modules
- Good knowledge with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MsSQL)
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle; preferably with understanding of Scrum
- Experience with using Git as a source code versioning system
- Experience using GitHub or GitLab for repository management, pull requests, code reviews etc.
- Good in applying software design patterns (GoF & Co)
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting
- Applying Security by Design using security best practices, encryption where necessary, avoiding common sources of vulnerabilities etc.
- Excellent understanding and proven hands on experience in maintaining and supporting JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, etc.
- Strong ability in analysing the existing plug-in code and modify the same for business needs
- Strong ability to write new scripts or plug-ins for Jira
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux administration
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand abstract functionalities from specifications
- Good communication skills in English (German or Czech is a plus)
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Ability to meet challenging project deadlines and deliver in a fast moving and change oriented environment
- Sense for detail and for picking the right solution while keeping in mind the business constraints
- Fast self-learning capabilities and understanding of the current environment
- Being a team player, who is used to work in an international environment
- Ambitious to deliver high quality results
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.