Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Jira Specialist (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main, Luxembourg, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main, Luxembourg, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
The Group Security department directly contributes to execution of the Deutsche Börse Group information security strategy. As a central service provider for the Group entities, Group Security is responsible to protect information assets, incl. suppliers, in terms of safety, integrity, confidentiality, authenticity and availability by enforcing information security controls based on the relevant regulatory requirements and follows the international standard ISO/IEC 27000-series on the Information Security Management System.
Your are of work:
In your new position, you will become a member of the Cyber Security Automation team, part of Group Security. In the advertised position you will advance the technology and functionality of our Jira based Information Security Tooling, e.g. risk inventory, vulnerability management and other security processes supporting the information security management lifecycle. The variety of challenging tasks you will be accomplishing include reviewing specifications, design and implement scripts for workflow automation and integration with external systems, plug-ins development, etc. Our requirements in terms of complex functionality, high reliability and availability will thoroughly challenge your development skills and provide ample opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Design, development, customization and maintenance our Jira based process solutions to meet long-term business needs.
- Working with and extension of the Jira REST API to interconnect our solution with other internal applications.
- Creation of scripted fields to extend Jira functionality to meet organizational goals.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement scripts or Jira plug-ins as they fit into integration workflows.
- Troubleshooting and debugging across Jira and integrated systems.
- Keep all code testable, create unit tests and work with quality engineers to develop integration tests.
- An Engineering degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent work experience in the field
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand abstract functionalities from specifications
- Preferably 3 – 5 years of proven professional experience in Jira Development using Jira REST API and Jira Plug-Ins
- Excellent understanding and proven hands-on experience in maintaining and supporting JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, etc.
- Certifications ACP-100 Jira Administrator and ACP-600 Project Administration are a plus
- Significant programming experience in at least one of Python, Groovy, Java
- Strong ability in understanding and modifying existing codebases
- Experienced in writing unit tests and creating mock modules
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle; preferably with understanding of Scrum
- Experience using Git and GitHub or GitLab for repository management, pull requests, code reviews etc.
- Applying Security by Design using security best practices
- Good knowledge of working with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL)
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux administration
- Good communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Flexible, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to meet challenging project deadlines and deliver in a fast moving and change oriented environment
- Sense for detail and for picking the right solution while keeping in mind the business constraints
- Fast self-learning capabilities and understanding of the current environment
- Being a team player, who is used to work in an international environment
- Ambitious to deliver high quality results
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.