Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Junior Engineer for Network Operations - 1st Level (f/m/d)
Deutsche Boerse Systems, Inc. • Chicago
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The Network Operations team is part of the organisational unit “Security & Networks” located in Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Chicago, and Prague. As a member of Network Operations in Prague, you will monitor and troubleshoot both, Deutsche Börse Group’s world-wide trading and clearing network and also the Group’s internal network. As an integral part of daily operations, you will work closely together with our multinational teams located in Chicago, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, and Prague. In addition, there will be a variety of occasions to bring in your ideas and be proactive while you participate in the start-up of the Network Operations team in Chicago.
- Graduation from Technical High School (A levels) preferably Networking field of study
- Excellent analytical skills in the analysis of technical problems
- Willingness to study in the Networking area up to an industrial standard certification and pass the relevant exams
- The following skills will be considered as an advantage:
- Networking knowledge on CCNA level
- Proficient usage of the state-of-the-art office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes) and business applications (e.g. mySAP)
- The following interpersonal skills are essential
- Profound skills of the English language in both verbal and written form with particular focus on technological/network-related terminologies
- Excellent communication skills in contact with carriers, colleagues and customers in the trouble shooting process as well as the willingness to work in teams
- German language at an operational level is of additional advantage
- Work pro-actively, independently, goal-oriented and demonstrate initiative as well as the ability to work under pressure while delivering high-quality work products
- Willingness to take part in an On-call support rotation outside of working hours, as well as working on weekends to implement changes on critical production environments.
- Administration, monitoring and trouble-shooting Deutsche Börse Group’s networks using Deutsche Börse Group’s proprietary tools
- Escalation of service interruptions exceeding the specified levels
- Participate in the definition of the role of Network Operations within the organisational unit “Security & Networks”
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.