Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Junior Engineer Network Operations (f/m/d)
Deutsche Boerse Systems, Inc. • Chicago
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
The Department CTO provides efficient and high-class IT infrastructure services for all companies of Deutsche Börse Group (DBG). The section Networks & Data Center covers the group wide Data Center Management as well as development and operation of DBG’s global Networks.
Our highly skilled and experienced team members in Frankfurt/Eschborn, Prague, Luxembourg, Chicago and Zürich are acting as a professional and reliable service provider for our internal and external customers and stakeholders. We strive to deliver excellent quality while being compliant to regulations and legislations applying on financial companies.
As a member of Network Operations in Chicago, you will monitor and troubleshoot both, Deutsche Börse Group’s world-wide trading and clearing network and also the Group’s internal network. As an integral part of daily operations, you will work closely together with your colleagues in Prague and other multicultural teams.
- Trouble shooting Deutsche Börse Group’s networks using Deutsche Börse Group’s proprietary tools
- Monitoring performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Escalation of service interruptions exceeding the specified levels
- Willingness to take part in an on-call support rotation outside of working hours, as well as occasionally working on weekends to implement changes on critical production environments
- Configuring various devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, VPN)
- Speak to customer via email and phone during a consulting call prior the testing of new circuits/services
- Performing connection tests with the customer
- Graduation from Technical High School (A levels), preferably Networking field of study
- You already gained 1-2 years of experience on a similar position
- You have analytical and problem-solving ability, bring teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, customers and groups of staff across the organisation
- You have the willingness to study in the Networking area up to an industrial standard certification and pass the relevant exams (e.g., CCNA)
- You have a good knowledge of Networking fundamentals (e.g. BGP, LAN/WAN, IP address management)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal as well as good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Furthermore, you have a CCNA certification and a proficient usage of the state-of-the-art office tools
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.