Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Junior Linux Application Support Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Boerse Systems, Inc. • Chicago
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
As a member of our team in Chicago, you will primarily ensure the high system availability of one of the world’s largest international exchange organisation and innovative market infrastructure provider. You will join as part of multinational team located in Chicago and Frankfurt. As a “Linux Application Support Engineer” you will be responsible for administration and monitoring of mission-critical applications. As such your tasks will involve developing solutions and scripts for our proprietary systems.
The advertised position comes with a substantial benefits package including professional trainings and opportunity for international travel.
- Operation and monitoring of Deutsche Börse Groups trading, clearing and risk systems. A special focus is the operation for Nodal exchange located in Chicago.
- Daily end-of-day tasks including batch processing of our Linux driven trading systems
- Backup management of databases (Postgres, MySQL) & applications including tape storage (HPE)
- Active participation in the incident and problem management process using CRM (SAP) system.
- Scripting (Bash, Python) for customers report distribution and in-house monitoring applications.
- Troubleshoot trading systems production incidents with focus on escalation and resolution in timely manner.
- Take part in a shift-work rotation including some weekend work.
- Interface with Market Supervision, Technical Account management, application support teams and various management teams around the globe.
- Successful completion of training for operations procedures of Deutsche Börse’ trading and clearing systems. This includes training at the headquarter in Germany (assuming travelling allowed after COVID-19).
- Familiarity with applications running on Linux server environments and with focus on automation of tasks
- Script (Bash and Python) development experience.
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraint.
- Excellent analytical skills in the areas of incident management and problem-solving.
- Interest in navigating a complex and demanding system landscape.
- Experience with IT monitoring concepts and customization for local requirements
- Self-motivated, curios with desire to continually learn and grow in production support function.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize production incidents.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.