Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Lead Engineer - Cyber Defense Operations - CERT - Group Security (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Branch Prague • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
DBG CERT is looking for a highly motivated Cyber Defense Operations Lead Engineer whose responsibility will be to ensure that the initial triage and analysis of cyber threats, reported by our SIEM solution to SOC L1 and L2 analysts, is performed in a timely fashion and in accordance with DBG quality standards as well as with regulators requirements and contractual agreements (e.g. SLA response/resolution time) with our internal customers. The Lead Engineer will be also responsible to identify and propose improvements on SOC/CERT runbooks as well as tuning of SIEM use cases to reduce the risks of false positives, false negatives and hence improve incident management escalation and handling.
- Identify and propose adjustments/improvements on SOC runbooks based for example on false positives, tuning of SIEM use cases and audit findings. Engagement with internal IT functions might be required to fill the identified gaps (e.g. lack of details in asset inventory) in the alert handling process.
- Identify and propose adjustments/improvements on SIEM UCs based for example on false positives reported by SOC and audit findings
- Quality check and end-to-end testing of SOC runbooks
- Preparation for audits (evidence/requests handling) and attendance
- Attendance to regular calls with SOC Service Manager
- Participate in Blue/Red teams exercise to test and improve our monitoring and response capabilities
- Solid experience in a CERT or SOC team with SIEM alerts handling, workflow design and runbook preparation.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities: how to properly identify, triage, and remediate threats based on threat intelligence as well as on analysis of security events, log data and network traffic.
- Expert working knowledge of technical and organizational aspects of information security, e.g., through prior defensive or offensive work experience
- Solid understanding of cyber threats and MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Deliverable-oriented, with strong problem-solving skills and adaptation on complex and highly regulated environment
- Team player willing to cooperate with multiple colleagues across office locations in a cross-cultural environment
- Good report-writing skills to present the findings of investigations
- Available during the working hours (Mo-Fr) + on-call duty
- Fluent in spoken and written English, including security terminology; proficiency in German is a plus
- Willingness & ability to take the lead on complex Cyber Security investigations supporting CERT lead
- Development of automation of various CERT/SOC processes via SOAR solution
- Red Teaming/Purple Teaming exercises
- Background in Malware Analysis, Digital Forensics and/or Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Experience in Threat Hunting including the ability to leverage intelligence data to proactively identify and iteratively investigates suspicious behaviour across networks and systems
- Script Development (e.g. Python, Shell scripting)
- Cloud Security expertise (primarily GCP and Azure)
- Vulnerability Handling / Management
- Relevant Industry Certifications such as SANS/GIAC (e.g., GCIA, GCIH, GNFA, GCFA), CompTIA (Security+, Cloud+, PenTest+), OSCP, eLearnSecurity are desirable.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.