Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Linux Operations Administrator (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Corporate IT of Deutsche Börse Group is in charge for end-user workplace experience, voice & communication, application development and operations for all group processes such as Financial Core, Customer Care, Control & Corporate Processes, as well as Deutsche Börse Group’s Reference Data Platform. We also develop and operate our Enterprise Analytics and Digital Boardroom which are the core of sharing and measuring our group’s success. We are passionate in running our existing IT landscape and are driven by user experience, performance, stable operations, and a high degree of Information Security and Compliance. Our mission is simple – Make IT Run!
You are passionate about Management of Linux operations, and have experience in Operation and Service Management? You want to join a team which is dynamic, user- and business-oriented, with the ambition and opportunity to set the standard for running a modern Workplace Service in the Financial Industry?
You are an experienced Linux System Administrator, and have experience in System configuration and setup of desktop environments for high demand areas like Development departments? Our goal is to provide secure and stable global Services to our development and operational expert users covering Ubuntu, RedHat operating systems on dedicated DevOps Hardware, virtualized work area in Azure Infrastructure, Workplace Service for operations and development, Device & Application Management, Cyber security.
- Excellent knowledge and experience as a Linux System Administrator and/or Linux Development (>5 Years)
- Deep knowledge of Ubuntu and RedHat Operating Systems
- Knowledge about Linux virtual machines, VirtualBox
- Knowledge of software distribution tools is a plus
- Deep Knowledge of Github for source code and user guidelines’ documentation
- Good knowledge of project management and M365
- Align with business and regulatory requirements to ensure a stable solution, and provide operations support
- Provide stakeholder assistance throughout Service-/Product Lifecycle to avoid/resolve service performance and technical issues.
- SLA-based Service Monitoring and Controlling including continuous improvement in shared areas and user communication
- Good knowledge of Testing Strategies and processes, covering requirements’ tracking, test analysis and quality assurance
- Actively collaborate with the teams in Frankfurt, Prague, Luxembourg, and Cork to develop, customize, deliver solutions and support customers.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent Certification
- You are an experienced IT professional who has service deployment experience in complex projects
- You can demonstrate technical knowledge of workplace setup with different operating systems
- You have a good security knowledge - Network Security, Data Security, etc.
- You enjoy collaborating with project team members, e.g. Operation Managers, Solution Architects, Project Managers, other Subject Matter Experts.
- You are flexible and can adapt to changing client environments and projects
- You are committed to continuous learning
- Language skills – fluent English, German is a plus
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.