Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Linux System Administrator (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The server infrastructure of our trading systems is crucial for the sustainability of our Derivatives and Cash markets Eurex & Xetra. In your role, you will be responsible for the management and administration of the Derivatives & Cash Linux server-systems covering the complete value chain from development to production. This includes system monitoring and server configuration, trouble shooting, Incident and Problem resolution, as well as Patch, Vulnerability and Compliance Management.
- System management: upgrading, patching, tuning, capacity and performance management
- Daily administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, including monitoring and troubleshooting of server issues
- Maintain and ensure high-availability on application or server level through clustering or stand-by hosts
- 3rd Level Support for advanced users
- Plan and execute setup, HW and SW-refreshes of complex and critical IT-server solutions
- Willingness to work on shifts and support on-call duty rotations, with a respective compensation
- A degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in System Administration, best in a sensitive environment
- Strong expertise in Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation, system monitoring, maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting
- Good Knowledge of Git
- Good understanding of cluster concepts and virtualization/containerized technologies
- Good communication skills, ability to work in an international team
- Willingness to learn new technologies, supported by the company
- Proficiency in German and English
Some additional skills that would be considered as a plus
- Infrastructure-as-Code tools (Ansible and/or Puppet)
- RedHat Satellite 6 (Foreman), RedHat Virtualization or VMware
- Experience in one of the following Cluster Software apps (Pacemaker or Veritas), Monitoring Solutions (checkmk or Nagios)
- HPE BladeSystem, e.g. C7000, Apollo Eclosures and respective Bladeservers
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.