Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Linux System Administrator (f/m/d)
Deutsche Boerse Systems, Inc. • Chicago
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The server infrastructure of our trading, clearing and risk systems is crucial for the sustainability of our Derivatives and Cash markets Eurex & Xetra. In your role, you will be responsible for the management and administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux server-systems covering the complete lifecycle from development to production. This includes system monitoring and server configuration, trouble shooting, Incident and Problem resolution, as well as Patch, Vulnerability and Compliance Management.
The Eurex/Xetra server operations team is located in Frankfurt and Chicago. We are searching a new colleague in Chicago to take share responsibility for our daily operations and work closely with our multinational team. Deutsche Börse offers its employees an exciting, global work environment in a highly technology driven industry. This position comes with a substantial benefits package and requires some domestic and international travel.
- System management: upgrading, patching, tuning, capacity and performance management
- Daily administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, including monitoring and troubleshooting of server issues
- Installation of Linux Operating System on physical and virtual servers using automated deployment technologies
- Maintain and ensure high-availability on application or server level through clustering or stand-by hosts
- Proactive contribution in infrastructure related projects (i.e. OpenShift Platform provisioning)
- Plan and execute setup, HW and SW-refreshes of complex and critical IT-server solutions.
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in System Administration in a critical environment
- Expertise in Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration, monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience with automated deployment using Red Hat Satellite, puppet and ansible. Configuration of highly available systems using Red Hat Cluster.
- Good Knowledge of Git
- Participate in a shift rotation and occasional weekend work to implement hardware and configuration changes on critical production devices
- Good communication skills, ability to work in an international team
- Willingness to take over responsibility
- Willingness to gain expertise on new technologies
Additional skills in one or more of the following areas will be of advantage:
- SAN-based disk management
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- HPE blade technologies (i.e. c7000, Synergy 12000, Apollo)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.