Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Linux System Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Area of work:
Corporate IT of Deutsche Börse Group is in charge for end user workplace experience, voice & communication, application development and operations for all group processes such as Financial Core, Customer Care, Control & Corporate Processes. We also develop and operate our Enterprise Analytics and Digital Boardroom which are the core of sharing and measuring our group’s success.
Our mission is simple – Make IT Run!
We are passionate about running our existing IT landscape and exploring every day what makes DBG as a company, and thus all of our colleagues, run better – simplify and automate processes, use modern technology and devices, and make collaboration fun. We are driven by user experience, performance, stable operations, and a high degree of Information Security and Compliance.
As part of the system engineering team within Unix Backend Infrastructure Operations, your responsibilities will be the operation and development of the Corporate IT system landscape – physical and virtual, on premise and in the cloud.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual who will help us maintain operational stability, optimize automation and who is eager to help us move forward in adapting to new technology, approaches and methodologies (e.g. DevOps, SRE).
- Daily operation of Linux/Unix servers including troubleshooting of server issues
- Maintenance of the monitoring system
- Installation of Linux/Unix Operating System on physical and virtual servers, on-prem and in cloud.
- System management (upgrading, patching and tuning), compliance, capacity and performance management. Installation and upgrade of third-party products.
- Configuration and support of Veritas Volume Manager (disk group management, snapshots functionality, file systems creation/grow/shrink/removal, etc.) and Veritas Cluster Server (custom agents, resource dependencies and criticality, network setup, monitoring, etc.)
- Maintain and ensure high-availability on server or application level (through clustering or stand-by hosts)
- Operation includes shifts and on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 2 shifts or on-call duty per month might be expected)
- 3+ years of experience in System Administration in a highly critical environment.
- Expertise in Red Hat Linux 7 and newer. (Satellite, installation, system monitoring and maintenance, backup and recovery, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and operation of cloud resources (Azure, GCP)
- Proficiency in automation of installation and deployment (Red Hat Satellite, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Open Shift …)
- Experience in Veritas Volume Manager, Cluster Server, Monitoring tools, DB administration, Network, Authentication, Windows administration is a plus.
- Understanding and practical experience of ITIL framework
- Willingness to take over responsibility and self-motivate.
- Willingness to gain expertise on new technologies.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. German is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Ninwe Gourie – Campus Recruiting
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.