Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Market Data Services Associate (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of Activity
Qontigo is currently seeking a qualified professional to join our Market Data Services team as a full-time employee, based in our Prague office. In this role, the Associate will produce high quality value-added content, by working closely with the Development, Research, Index, and Client Support business units. The output of the Associate’s work will consist of producing a suite of daily-updated multi-factor risk models, quantitative indices, and multi-asset class data analytics. The successful candidate will provide ongoing operational support for best-in-class index products to global sell-side, buy-side, hedge funds, and asset owner investors. The candidate will use quantitative and qualitative skills to manage the ongoing maintenance of index and data products, which include operational processes, data analysis, and quality assurance. The expected working hours for this position are from 10 am to 6:30 pm.
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks and data analysis to ensure validity of content produced and delivered to Qontigo’s clients, for both the analytics and indexing business lines
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance for various index products with time-sensitive deadlines
- Monitor financial markets and ensure the correct processing of corporate events, such as IPOs, M&As, stock splits, rights issues, and dividend distributions
- Work closely with other team members based in the London, Hong Kong, and New York offices of Qontigo
- Manipulate large amount of financial data and use various tools to present and analyze results
- Assist the Sales and Client Support teams in resolving data inquiries
- Proactively look for opportunities to streamline processes wherever appropriate
- Collaborate and communicate across all teams involved with index and data production process
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work both independently and with a geographically-dispersed team
- Understanding and interest in Financial Markets and Information Technology
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, detail oriented
- Financial certifications, including CFA, FRM, and CAIA, are pluses
- Experience with SQL, Python or other object-oriented programming language, VBA, UNIX/LINUX very beneficial, but not essential
- Experience with financial software (e.g. Bloomberg, Eikon) and financial databases are pluses
The Associate will be joining a highly productive, diverse, entrepreneurial team, itself part of a global organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter with a strong academic background to contribute to the development, growth, and enhancement of the expanding content side of Qontigo’s business.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.