Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Market Structure & Regulation Analyst for digital assets (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
This position is limited to 2 years, with the possibility of a permanent position afterwards.
Your area of work
In your role as Market Structure & Regulation analyst, you will develop deep understanding of market / product regulation for digital assets with focus on EU. With support of Group Legal and Regulatory teams you will identify business impact, but also seek out further opportunities for growth. You will work closely with teams across Business/Product Development, Sales, but also Operations, IT and Compliance/Risk Management to ensure proper implementation of the necessary changes. You will own firm’s Rulebook and ensure it is in line with relevant regulatory acts. You will serve as anchor for all inquiries around upcoming market and product regulation, will coordinate alignment with other functions or businesses and prepare position papers or reports. By doing this, you actively contribute to shaping the respective regulation in close contact with clients and regulatory authorities. Because of the strategic importance of regulation, you will work closely with the management board to understand and shape the regulatory standards. You produce product insights and research pieces, which help customers better understand complex questions and contribute to building firm’s reputation as a thought-leader in the space.
- Ensure clear business impact analysis of upcoming market regulation on crypto spot/derivatives trading and related services (e.g. MiCAR); ensure proper implementation in collaboration with respective business areas
- Ensure firm’s Rulebook is fully compliant with all necessary regulatory acts
- Analyze and comment on national, European and international market / product regulation efforts for digital assets
- Process and coordinate incoming inquiries/questionnaires from oversight/regulatory authorities as well as trade associations, including but not limited to BaFin, ESMA, FESE and WFE
- Prepare position papers and reports and coordinate alignment with other divisions, where necessary
- Initiate and coordinate regulatory licensing process, incl. drafting license application documents
- Serve as anchor person to initiate legal analysis of regulatory questions
- Support ongoing Regulatory Reporting, where necessary
- Provide structured and precise updates on market regulation, including industry intelligence towards the management board
- Produce insights and research pieces on market regulation for customers and internal stakeholders
- University degree in business law or finance/economics with very good results
- 2+ years of practical experience in regulatory matters for market infrastructure providers, investment or trading firms
- Very good understanding of German/European market/product regulation for digital assets (e.g. MiCAR, WpIG, KWG)
- Demonstrated interest for digital assets
- Start-up mindset: can-do approach, self-driven to learn and grow, stress-resistant
- Creativity, excellent problem-solving skills and at least some experience in employing respective instruments
- Quick to analyse and ability to articulate complex cases clearly and precisely
- Excellent writing and very good presentation skills
- Knowledge of traditional financial market models is an advantage
- Fluent written and spoken English and German; further languages will be a plus
- High professionalism and integrity, coupled with sense of urgency
- Positive attitude and willingness to go beyond your comfort zone to join a team of truly dedicated professionals on an exciting journey
Location: employment location in Eschborn/Frankfurt, however, flexibility for remote work and/or project-based work from other locations required
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.