Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Model Validation Officer - Liquidity Risk Models (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking AG • Frankfurt am Main, Luxembourg
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Model Validation provides independent effective challenge of models, applying financial theory and quantitative methods. The main task is to assign model risk according to validation guidelines, as well as develop appropriate validation methods, employ validation instruments on a regular basis and perform ad-hoc model reviews in light of a changing regulatory environment and market conditions. Your primary role is to drive and participate in the validation of liquidity risk models and to support on reviewing credit risk models in scope of the regulatory requirements. Working on these tasks include the collaboration with model developers, the IT department, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Development and continuous maintenance of validation concepts as well as appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods for the Clearstream ILAAP framework including all reported liquidity measures
- Carry out initial, regular, and ad-hoc validations of liquidity risk models relevant for Clearstream entities
- Engage with model owners as well as business and development experts to ensure the liquidity positions are effectively challenged and model risk is properly addressed
- Support on the validations of internal credit rating models as well as the portfolio credit risk models
- Deliver model validation analysis and reports in support of senior management and committee review
- Review and update guidelines and documentation, ensuring compliance with relevant internal policies, standards, and regulatory requirements
- M.Sc. or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in liquidity risk model development or model validation. Sound knowledge of treasury business, credit risk and credit rating models would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of the relevant regulatory landscape (CSDR, CSSF, MaRisk, ECB guide to ILAAP) and its application to liquidity risk modelling, especially with respect to Liquidity Stress Testing
- Well-developed analytical skills, sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods
- Very good programming skills (e.g. Python, R, C++, Java), experienced with databases (e.g. SQL)
- Efficient team player with a high degree of organizational self-reliance as well as high results orientation and good communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise written reports
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, German or French language skills would be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.