Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Network Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The Department Core Infrastructure Services provides efficient and high-class IT infrastructure services for all companies of Deutsche Börse Group (DBG).
The section Networks & Data Center covers the group wide Data Center Management as well as development and operation of DBG’s global Networks.
Our highly skilled and experienced team members in Frankfurt/Eschborn, Prague, Luxembourg, Chicago, and Zürich are acting as a professional and reliable service provider for our internal and external customers and stakeholders. We strive to deliver excellent quality while being compliant to regulations and legislations applying on financial companies.
The Network Engineering Non-Trading Team is responsible for developing and building DBG's networks. This includes but is not limited to the wired and wireless Infrastructure for all DBAG office locations, Datacenter Network fabrics, Cloud and Internet connectivity.
To support our team we are now looking for a network engineer (m/f/d) who will support us in designing, building, and operating a state-of-the-art Network Infrastructure.
- Research, design, develop, implement, and maintain network Infrastructure as well as network related applications.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and procedures of the network infrastructure, including regular Risk Assessments.
- Provide consulting services to other departments and assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies
- Identify areas for innovation and optimisation by driving Continuous Service Improvements through monitoring, reporting, analysis, and automation
- Supporting designs and implementations by troubleshooting issues efficiently and communicating escalations and outcomes to teams and customers
- University degree in Information Technology Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven practical experience in network technology; proven hands-on network engineering experience (4+ years).
- Strong knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Good working knowledge of Cisco Datacenter as well as Office network infrastructure (ACI, DNA), along with knowledge of required hardware platforms.
- Good knowledge of configuration management systems such as Terraform.
- Experience of a major scripting language (preferably Python).
- Good communication skills.
- Willingness to work in a critical production environment, including occasional weekend change activities.
- Willingness to take over responsibility, e.g., running projects like Technology refresh of the Network Infrastructure, enhancing current setup.
- Open to new technologies and willing to actively improve skills and knowledge.
- Ideally certified in CCNP or working towards CCNP level certification
- Experience in Public Cloud like GCP (preferred), AWS and Azure
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German considered as a plus
- Willingness to travel (<10%).
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.