Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Network Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Branch Prague • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
The Core Infrastructure Services department provides efficient and high quality IT infrastructure services to all
Deutsche Börse (DBG) subsidiaries.
Your area of work:
The Network Engineering Trading Team covers the group-wide data center services in close cooperation with the Data Center Team. This includes the design and development as well as the operation of DBG's global networks.
Our highly qualified and experienced team members in Frankfurt/Eschborn, Prague, Luxembourg, Chicago and Zurich act as professional and reliable service providers for our internal and external customers and stakeholders.
The Network Engineering Trading Team is responsible for developing, building and maintaining DBG's global trading networks. This team is thus responsible for providing trading data to our global customers, either hosted directly in the data center (colocation) or connected via leased lines to one of our worldwide access points.
To support our team, we are looking for a Network Engineer (m/f) in Prague. In the trading environment, very high demands are placed on the stability and fairness of data delivery to our customers. This must be ensured by providing the appropriate infrastructure. Both the physical connection and the selection and evaluation of the right hardware components must be tested, put into operation and continuously improved.
- Designing, developing, implementing and maintain the trading network
- Documentation of networks, security concepts
- Providing consulting services to other departments and assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies
- Performing knowledge transfers to other the team members
- Ensuring operational stability of the field of responsibility
- Providing escalation support following processes and interacting appropriately with other departments and end users, when required
- University degree (master or diploma) in IT
- Proven practical experience in network technology
- Very good knowledge in the network area
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in a critical production environment; perform regular installations on weekends
- Willingness to take over responsibility
- Sound knowledge and experience in routing technologies (MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, BGP, Multicast)
- Good knowledge of the time concepts NTP, PTP, IPsec, Macsec
- Experience in the work with Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher
- You work with above average precision and are enthusiastic about solving problems
- Basic programming skills (python, bash)
- Your profile is rounded off by a good command of English (additional language skills in German welcome)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.