Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Network Engineer for High Frequency Trading Environment (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The Department Core Infrastructure Services provides efficient and high-class IT infrastructure services for all companies of Deutsche Börse Group (DBG).
The section Networks & Data Center covers the group wide Data Center Management as well as development and operation of DBG’s global Networks.
Our highly skilled and experienced team members in Frankfurt/Eschborn, Prague, Luxembourg, Chicago and Zürich are acting as a professional and reliable service provider for our internal and external customers and stakeholders.
The Network Engineering Trading Team is responsible for developing and building DBG's global trading networks. We are responsible for the delivery of trading data to our customers, which is either colocation directly with us or connected via leased lines at one of our access points.
To support our team, we are now looking for a network engineer (m/f) who will support us in the colocation environment. Very high standards of fairness are required here. We have to ensure this by providing the right infrastructure The physical connection as well as the right hardware components have to be selected, tested and put into production and improved.
- Research, design, develop, implement and maintain network, timing, and capture infrastructure
- Perform in-depth latency and network analyses
- Conduct related hands-on tasks in the data center, e.g. measure cable length to ensure quality
- Develop automated test scenarios and tools to evaluate network devices
- You will ensure operational stability of the field of responsibility
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and procedures of the network, timing, and capturing environment in all aspects of its utilization; ensure associated work in compliance with the documented procedures.
- You will provide consulting services to other departments and assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies
- You will provide escalation support following processes and interacting appropriately with other departments and end users, when required
- University degree in Information Technology Computer Science or equivalent
- Practical experience in operating network devices, preferably with CCNP certificate or equivalent
- Proven practical experience in network technology
- Knowledge and experience in routing technologies
- Knowledge of the time concepts NTP, PTP, WR-PTP, and PPS
- Good knowledge of the physical infrastructure TAP, fibre optic cables, coax cables
- Experience in testing network components
- Experience with scripting is highly desirable
- Good programming experience in python
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a critical production environment; perform occasional installations on weekends
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German considered a plus
- Willingness to travel (<10%)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.