Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Product Designer for Crypto Risk Management (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
In your role as a Product Designer for Crypto risk management you will own origination of product & market model ideas, with subsequent design and implementation to best serve clients’ needs in this product line. You will be at the forefront of the intellectual challenge to adequately risk manage a new and highly volatile product space in a very tightly regulated environment. Your passion for cryptocurrencies with established knowledge in derivatives (futures, options, etc.) will help pave the way. In close collaboration with colleagues from Business Development, Sales, Operations and IT, you will be employing your creativity and exceptional interpersonal communication in cross-functional teams to propose and drive execution of out-of-the-box ideas. For this purpose, you will design a risk framework, in line with regulatory requirements and keeping industry requirements in mind. You produce product insights and research pieces, which help customers better understand complex questions and contribute to building firm’s reputation as a thought-leader in the space.
- Own Risk Management / Clearing product line for Crypto spot/derivatives trading through originating, designing and implementing respective concepts. The product includes but not limited to modelling/setting margin parameters, developing and testing scenario analyses for investment portfolios, setting up and simulating risk management methods, liquidation and default management frameworks/processes.
- Develop, validate and implement clearing services to help clients to achieve post-trading efficiency
- Develop and steer risk-product roadmap in cross-functional teams and in close alignment with product lines for trading
- Building upon solid existing risk management models in traditional markets, identify, design and implement macro and micro risk design improvements for the crypto marketplace
- Validate solution concepts with market players/clients and ensure market fit
- Ensure industry intelligence and product metrics is part of product and market development process
- Produce product insights and research pieces for customers and internal stakeholders
- University degree in a quantitative or financial discipline
- 5+ years of derivatives risk management experience either with a market infrastructure provider, active derivatives trading participant or intermediary
- Strong derivatives know-how and understanding of at least one traditional financial asset class, additional crypto expertise would be beneficial
- Good understanding of regulatory risk requirements, particularly in regards to market infrastructure providers
- Start-up mindset: can-do approach, self-driven to learn and grow, stress-resistant
- Creativity, ability to articulate complex cases clearly and precisely, excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent quantitative and data analytics skills
- Understanding underlying drivers of capital markets; fascination by the dynamics of financial markets
- Passion for cryptocurrencies, preferably coupled with technical understanding of blockchain
- Knowledge and experience in project management (formal or agile) is an advantage
- Fluent written and spoken English; German and further languages is a plus
- High professionalism and integrity, coupled with sense of urgency and client-oriented focus
- Positive attitude and willingness to go beyond your comfort zone to join a team of truly dedicated professionals on an exciting journey
Location: employment location in Eschborn/Frankfurt, however, flexibility for remote work and/or project-based work from other locations required
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.