Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Python Developer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Deutsche Börse Group IT is organised as a product organisation. Risk IT is part of the Risk Product, which mainly serves the Risk Management department of Eurex Clearing AG, regulated under EMIR, MaRisk et.al. Therefore, the services provided by Risk IT must meet regulatory standards and provide operational stability whilst keeping up with developments in new technology.
As Python Developer – Risk Monitoring, you will be working on a risk system (RITA) used by Group Risk Management to calculate Value at Risk (VaR) implementing a Monte-Carlo method. VaR is a risk measure used by Deutsche Börse Group to calculate Economic Capital, Earnings at Risk as well as the required Regulatory Capital for operational risk of Clearstream entities.
- Be a member of a cross-functional team, including business analysts, frontend/backend developers, and testers
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain, document, and improve RITA and other Analytical Services software
- Work with business analysts and other teams on implementing new features
- Grasp and extend your functional knowledge
- Manage your own project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
Required qualifications/skills - you should possess and demonstrate the following:
- Advanced programming competency in Python
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience with GitHub
- An appreciation of the challenges of building, running and maintaining a minimum downtime production system
- Be highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to details; continuously self-assessing
- Degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Quantitative Economics or similar)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural international team
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Preferred qualifications/skills – the following will be a plus:
- Experience with Angular
- Experience in test automation
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with CircleCI, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
- Knowledge of AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with developing cloud-native and 12factor applications
- Knowledge of financial markets and risk management
Our team is collaborating closely and has a great team spirit. To join us, you should have good communication skills, be flexible and highly motivated, and have a good sense of humor.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.