Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Quantitative Analyst/ Developer - Risk Methodology OTC (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
This position is initially limited to 2 years.
Field of activity
As a Quantitative Analyst/ Developer for OTC derivatives you are responsible for the strategic valuation and risk model development of Eurex Clearing AG. Your main tasks are focused on conceptual work and prototype implementation to identify, quantify, and manage risks imminent to our OTC clearing services. The main model you will be using and expanding is our risk model PRISMA for OTC rates, inflation, FX, and NDF products. Comprehensive quantitative analyses complement your independent solution finding and are an important part of your conceptual design thinking. As part of a larger risk team, as a project stream lead, or as an industry working group participant you help to make informed decisions and contribute to finding solutions for Eurex Clearing AG and its clients.
- Develop and strengthen our valuation and risk model development and model risk management function
- Early identification and consolidation of pricing and risk model related trends for cleared OTC derivatives
- Design and maintain modelling, calibration, and prototyping of valuation and risk models as well as respective model documentations
- Communicate valuation and risk model related matters to internal as well as external stakeholders and regulatory bodies
- Contribute thought leadership on model and risk topics in projects
- M.Sc. or PhD in a quantitative discipline (Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Financial Engineering, or any other comparable field)
- Several years of hands-on experience in risk management, pricing/ risk model prototyping, or handling of financial instruments with a quantitative focus
- Know-how of products in the OTC derivative space
- Experience in Python or similar programming languages is required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving as well as communication skills
- Basic project management experience or experience to organize and manage complex tasks
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; additional German language skills will be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.