Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Quantitative Model Risk Manager - Models and Analytics (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
This position is initially limited for 2 years.
Field of activity
As a Quantitative Model Risk Manager you are responsible for the strategic Model Risk development of Eurex Clearing AG. Your main tasks are focused on the responsibilities of a model owner to identify, quantify, and manage model risks of our risk model PRISMA across all asset classes. You are responsible to ensure that our framework and guidelines to develop pricing and risk models reflect market best-practices and are compliant with all applicable internal and external regulatory standards. Moreover, you take responsibility for building up and extending the quantitative analysis tool kit to assess model risks and model development principles. As part of a larger risk team, as a project lead, or as an industry working group participant you help to make informed decisions and contribute to finding solutions for Eurex Clearing AG.
- Develop and strengthen our model development and model risk management area
- Early identification and consolidation of pricing and risk model related trends for cleared derivatives (Exchange Traded and OTC derivatives)
- Design and maintain quantitative assessments of valuation and risk models, model documentation, and calibration approaches
- Support the design of risk methodology extensions compliant with our model development principles. This includes enhancing and using our pricing and risk model prototype, benchmark models, and related calibration tools and methods
- Communicate model risk matters to internal as well as external stakeholders and regulatory bodies
- Contribute thought leadership on model risk topics in projects
- M.Sc. or PhD in a quantitative discipline (Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Financial Engineering, or any other comparable field)
- Several years of hands-on experience in risk management, audit, or handling of financial instruments with a quantitative focus
- Know-how of products in the derivatives space
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic project management experience or experience to organize and manage complex tasks
- Basic experience in Python or a similar programming language will be an asset
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; additional German language skills will be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.