Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Quantitative Risk Analyst (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Group Credit`s overriding objective is to ensure that business activities are conducted within a prudent credit risk framework that is consistent with the bank’s credit appetite and in compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements. We are searching for a Quantitative Risk Analyst to maintain, further develop and oversee collateral- and credit rating related models. A successful candidate will take the ownership of the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement to the risk models and methodologies on the range of banking type products. Furthermore, as part of the group wide Credit team, s/he will assume responsibility for the related reporting, ad hoc reviews, investigations and special assignments as required to senior management.
- Design and continuously improve financial risk models to e.g. appropriately collateralize risk exposures and manage concentration & wrong way risks;
- Define, document and manage processes required for the maintenance of the models in their productive states; drive and take the ownership for continuous improvements to the existing methodologies; address any related findings as revealed by model monitoring or model validation.
- Regularly review the adequacy and robustness of applied risk models and perform model calibrations, undertake impact assessments and report on the results, where applicable.
- Create and maintain adequate documentation of the applied methodologies.
- Assist in model prototype development and testing.
- Work in close collaboration with model users and IT to accompany IT development process, including writing business requirements, taking into consideration the available (or planned) infrastructure, as well as performing business acceptance testing.
- Deliver insightful management information in support of senior management and committee review
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders and regulatory authorities
- Maintain internal model inventory. Support the team’s regular and reporting tasks.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (PhD/CFA or equivalent qualification will be considered of an advantage)
- Several years of relevant experience in the model/product development roles and/or model validation function, or related roles
- Good understanding of financial markets and pricing of fixed-income instruments, familiarity with securities financing products is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of statistics and econometric methods and their application, experience with broader risk analytics approaches (e.g. VaR, back-testing, stress testing).
- Experience in model prototyping, creativity in finding adequate solutions using MatLab/R/Python or alike.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, ability to draw accurate conclusions based on complex data
- Familiarity with relevant risk management regulations and guidelines (CSDR, TRIM, BCBS239, MaRisk) will be considered of an advantage
- Sound judgement, ability to articulate complex concepts in a succinct and clear way
- Integrity, willingness to take responsibility, high level of reliability
- High commitment, adequate communication and presentation skills, ability to operate and build effective relationships across various functions and business areas.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. German and/or French will be an asset.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.