Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Quantitative Risk Analyst - Model Validation (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
You will be part of the Model Validation team, which is key to Eurex Clearing’s Model Risk Management. As a part of the second line risk management function, you will be responsible for regular and ad hoc model reviews considering a changing regulatory environment and market conditions, define model risk and validation guidelines and develop validation methods. Your primary role is to drive and participate in the validation of the risk models enabling the growth strategy of Eurex.
Model Validation reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer of Eurex Clearing and you will have regular opportunities to present your contribution to senior management and regulators. In addition, team members have the opportunity to work on cross-functional, strategic projects of Deutsche Börse Group.
As a quantitative Risk Analyst in Model Validation your tasks will include:
- Validation of Eurex Clearing risk models performing regular and ad-hoc validation analyses and tests
- Writing comprehensive annual and ad-hoc validation reports
- Presentation of model validation results, incl. model validation findings to senior management and supervisory authorities
- Collaboration with Model Developers, IT and other stakeholders
- Create and maintain validation documentation ensuring model validation concepts, documents and activities are in compliance with relevant policies, standards and regulatory requirements
The position offers you an excellent opportunity to independently challenge our unique Eurex Clearing risk models both qualitatively as well as quantitatively whilst complying to regulatory and internal frameworks. You will join a diverse environment were people enjoy working together for the stability of financial markets.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. mathematics, economics or finance
- Relevant experience in risk management, models and corresponding regulatory requirements in financial institutions, e.g. from an internship would be a plus
- Strong interest in capital markets, financial products and clearing as well as regulation
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, German would be an advantage
- Programming skills in one of the following languages: SQL, Python, R or similar would be beneficial
- Knowledge in one of the following risk models: Credit-, Liquidity Stress Testing, VaR models is a plus
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.