Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Quantitative Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Deutsche Börse Group IT is organized as a product organization. Risk IT is part of the Risk Product, which mainly serves the Risk Management department of Eurex Clearing AG, regulated under EMIR, MaRisk et.al. Therefore, the services provided by Risk IT must meet a number of regulatory standards and provide operational stability whilst keeping up with developments in new technology.
The Pricing Services team is responsible for pricing application development and supervision of relevant externally developed software. This includes in particular the tool support of the settlement price confirmation process. Going forward the team will take over central pricing functionalities that are to be uniformly applied by various downstream systems. Naturally, such functionalities are coupled with other core Risk IT applications and Eurex IT Core Systems in the area of trading and clearing, which implies the need for continuous alignment and excellent stakeholder management.
As a Quantitative Software Engineer in the Pricing Services team, you are expected to design, develop, test, and maintain new software as well as review and potentially rework existing software in the area of financial instrument pricing with a focus on derivatives.
This involves proactive interactions with functional analysts and business users. Being the expert for the software development, you will be expected to provide advice to functional analysts for effort estimations on request and support the Head of Unit Pricing Services in the regular reporting and planning.
With the Pricing Services team continuing to develop you are expected to make an effective contribution towards establishing a collaborative and appreciative team culture.
- Design, develop, test, maintain and improve software for pricing of financial instruments with a focus on derivatives
- Closely align with prototyping team on the business side as well as functional analysts and business users as required
- Stay up to date on technology
- help to establish a collaborative and appreciative team culture
- Support the Head of Unit Pricing Services in terms of Reporting and planning
- Support Audits and respective findings mitigations if required
- As more than 50% of the Pricing Services team is based in Prague, occasional business trips to Prague
- Team player with excellent communication skills, naturally striving for inclusion rather than exclusion, creating transparency,
- proactive communication rather than passive response, continuously self-assessing
- High results orientation, reliability and setting high standards for quality of work products
- Degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Quantitative Economics or similar)
- Programming competency: profound knowledge of C++ and optionally Java beneficial
- Background in quantitative pricing models
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Experience with Kubernetes on AWS, GCP or Azure would be an advantage
- Experience in the area of IT security would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken German and English, Czech would be an advantage
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.