Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Risk Analyst - Model Validation (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
Model Validation provides independent effective challenge of models, applying financial theory and quantitative methods. The main task is to assign model risk according to validation guidelines, as well as develop appropriate validation methods, employ validation instruments on a regular basis and perform ad-hoc model reviews in light of a changing regulatory environment and market conditions. Your primary role is to drive and participate in the validation of risk models in scope of the regulatory requirements such as ICAAP risk models, internal credit rating assessments and haircut models. Working on these tasks include the collaboration with model developers, the IT department, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Development and continuous maintenance of validation concepts as well as appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods for regulated models in scope
- Carry out initial as well as regular and ad-hoc validations of regulated models within Risk Management and independently assess their adequacy
- Engage with model owners and development experts to ensure model risk is properly addressed
- Deliver model validation analysis and reports in support of senior management and committee review, challenge the risk positions
- Review and update guidelines and documentation, ensuring compliance with relevant internal policies, standards, and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors
- Graduate degree or PhD in a financial or quantitative discipline
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in model development and/or model validation
- Good understanding of financial markets, financial products, as well as the regulatory landscape (CSDR, MaRisk, ECB guide to ICAAP, CSSF circulars)
- Sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
- Well-developed analytical skills, as well as high results orientation and good communication skills
- Efficient team player with a high degree of organizational self-reliance
- Good programming skills (e.g. Python, R, Java), experienced with databases (e.g. SQL) would be an asset
- Experience in writing business requirements and specifications
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, German or French language skills would be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.