Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Risk & Control Assurance Specialist (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services Branch Prague • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Clearstream Risk Management (“CRM”) as a Second Line of Defense Function is responsible for the measurement, controlling and reporting of operational, business and liquidity risks of the Clearstream Group. The CRM team reports to the Chief Risk Officer of Clearstream.
As part of this responsibility, the effective implementation and utilization of the Clearstream Risk Management Concept, the Internal Control System (“ICS”), needs to be monitored on an ongoing basis and includes providing an independent assessment of operating risks as well as a regular review of the design and operating effectiveness of implemented controls. The Risk and Control Assurance unit in our Prague office supporting this has only recently been established and is the first of its kind in the firm. Be part of this exciting journey and make your mark:
- Perform regular risk assessments to determine the correct inherent risk of First Line of Defense operating risks to help identify that associated controls are commensurate with the determined risk classification.
- Perform control assurance measures assessing the Design and Operating Effectiveness of controls that are implemented in Clearstream entities and covering all our business lines (except IT); determine that these controls are in line with the group-wide ICS assurance approach and with respect to ICS requirements derived from various regulations.
- Support the effective remediation of identified Control Deficiencies owned by the First Line of Defense, including the review of planned actions, the ongoing monitoring of implementation measures and the re-assessment after completion.
- Support the creation and preparation of Management reporting on status quo for ongoing assurance measures and support the preparation of regular internal and external reports on the overall effectiveness of the ICS, in line with regulatory requirements.
- Support developing Risk and Control Self-Assessments owned and performed by the First Line of Defense, including quality assurance and support; provide practical guidance to First Line of Defense staff on good controls management and controls performance.
- Cooperate with other Control and Audit functions (e.g., Compliance and Internal Audit) to identify and leverage synergies.
- University or similar degree (also considering recent graduates or working students with a strong Risk and Control Management mindset)
- Previous Process Management or Operations experience would be an advantage
- Experience in Control Testing/Assurance/Monitoring/Auditing and Risk Management Concepts (e.g., COSO) – ideally, with a focus on financial services/banking/financial market infrastructure or Technology providers (experience in Technology related Control Testing/Assurance/Monitoring/Auditing would be an advantage)
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, as well as ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to work as an individual and in a team; be able to own and develop a task
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.