Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Risk Functionality Officer (f//m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the leading global market infrastructure providers. Our group provides trading, clearing, settlement, market data distribution and other services for a broad range of asset classes (securities, derivatives, FX…).
In Risk (a semi-independent Product of Deutsche Boerse) we focus on making Eurex Clearing the industry leader in Risk Services / CCP Risk Management and to support the growth into new products and markets. We are at the heart of the Deutsche Börse Group market infrastructure offering and of utter importance for the stability of the global financial market. We are looking for a dedicated acceptance tester for our Risk IT – Core Quality Assurance team in Eschborn to help us to ensure the quality of our systems.
We foster a culture of high standards, openness and responsibility. Working on foundational components of European financial stability, we value collaboration across teams and viewpoints, balancing system performance, agility, stability and operational excellence. Being a part of Deutsche Börse Group gives you many opportunities for personal development and career growth through trainings, mentoring and talent programs.
The focus in your new role will be the commissioning of IT development work as well as manual and automated acceptance testing for new systems or system versions. This includes the usage of an enhanced, proprietary test automation framework. In a challenging environment, you will work closely with the business development areas and IT, understanding both market requirements and technical implications associated with planned system extensions.
Potentially you will be also responsible for the creation of concepts and specifications for new risk services. Additionally, you will contribute to the general functional support for the further extension of risk & clearing services for Eurex Clearing AG, which provides risk management for cash and derivative markets for on-exchange and OTC business. The position will not be limited in time.
- Business Acceptance testing for Risk IT applications. Creating and executing test models using the full system landscape with the focus on the risk systems.
- Support specification phase by reviewing and potentially defining the respective functional specifications, identifying dependencies to other functional areas or business processes and mitigating potential risks.
- Play a key role in the implementation phase, especially with coordination and execution of business user tests,
- Creation of automated test scripts using the proprietary test automation framework.
- M.Sc. in a quantitative discipline (Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science) or any other comparable degree
- Functional understanding of exchange traded and over the counter derivatives, spot market equities and fixed income clearing.
- Familiarity with SQL databases (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience in coordination and execution of acceptance testing or integrated system testing in a project.
- High commitment and motivation, ability to take on responsibility, creativity and the ability to work independently as well as the ability to work flexibly in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Willingness to learn in a highly collaborative environment.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; additional German language skills will be an asset
The following skills will be a plus:
- Knowledge of quantitative risk management for financial instruments.
- Competence in a scripting language, preferably Python.
- Experience working in the financial domain e.g. financial infrastructure provider or financial services company.
- Understanding of Agile Methodology & experience with work management tools like JIRA
- Additionally, you need to be a team player with good communication skills, highly motivated and good at handling MS Office applications.
Warum zur Gruppe Deutsche Börse?
Es liegt uns am Herzen, dass sich Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter bei uns wohl fühlen und voll und ganz entfalten können. Für uns gehört weitaus mehr dazu als nur der passende Job.
Wir stocken Ihre Rente auf! Sie sind automatisch beim BVV versichert, in den wir für Sie eine monatliche Rentenzulage einzahlen. Darüber hinaus haben Sie die Möglichkeit, einen zusätzlichen Teil Ihres Gehalts beizusteuern, um den Betrag Ihrer zukünftigen Rentenzahlung weiter zu erhöhen.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.