Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Risk Governance Manager (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The unit Risk Governance, Framework & Methodology is responsible for the continuous development, improvement and maintenance of the Non-Financial Risk & Multiple-Risk Framework as well as of the Risk Governance of Deutsche Börse Group (DBG) and all covered entities to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance with applicable laws and regulations in order to support a robust risk and control environment.
- Development, alignment, implementation and maintenance of a holistic end-to-end Risk Governance framework covering alignment with all regulated entities, involvement of all other 2nd LoD functions and Internal Audit to ensure clear responsibilities aligned with the Risk taxonomy
- Establishing accountability and ownership in the 2nd LoD (including 2nd LoD-like functions within the 1st LoD)
- Definition and maintenance of minimum requirements (for assurance measures) for a 2nd LoD
- Risk-based identification of critical regulatory activities that require detailed 2nd LoD oversight and the performance of dedicated assurance measures
- Continuously monitor the overall risk situation in DBG (excl. banking regulated entities with own Risk Governance FTEs) together with other 2nd LoD functions, including the evaluation of results from assurance measures, ad-hoc issues, etc.
- Monitor the performance of assurance measures by other 2nd LoD Control Functions, including quality assurance and compliance reviews to ensure adherence to the risk governance framework
- Perform regular reviews and updates of policies, procedures and handbooks in line with regulation and industry best practises
- Contribution to audits and annual reports
- Relevant university degree
- Minimum 3 years professional working experience in developing and implementing Risk Governance Frameworks, preferably in an international banking/securities processing environment; experience in Non-Financial Risk Management would be an advantage
- Ability to explain complex concepts to non-experts, to see the big picture as well as the detail
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, creativity, critical thinking, as well as ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulation (KWG, MaRisk, SREP, ICAAP, EMIR, etc.)
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in written and verbal English, German would be an advantage
- Very good command of MS Office
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.