Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Risk Management Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Clearstream Risk Management (“CRM”) is responsible for measurement, controlling and reporting of operational, business and liquidity risks of the Clearstream Group. The CRM team reports to the Chief Risk Officer of Clearstream.
• Supporting the identification, measurement, monitoring and reporting on the non-financial risks which Deutsche Boerse Group’s legal entities may be exposed to and the risks that Deutsche Boerse Group’s legal entities pose to any other entities including its participants and their clients, as well as other financial parties and systems
• Supporting the business units with the development of risk scenarios and corresponding risk indicators, review and reporting of Key Risk Indicators;
• Validating the identified non-financial risks regarding completeness and accuracy & assessment of non-financial risks by analysis of e.g. risk indicators, loss data and audit findings.
• Providing advice, supporting and challenging Deutsche Boerse Group’s legal entities’ units to drive proactive risk management and generally improve risk awareness as part of the corporate culture
• Developing maintaining and enhancing risk concepts, policies and procedures
• Performing enhanced operational risk due diligence for key participants of Clearstream
• Contributing to the implementation and execution of relevant regulations (Basel III, MaRisk, CSSF 12/552, CSDR, KWG, CRR, etc.) and international risk management standards (COSO, ISO31000, etc.)
• Explaining complex concepts to experts and non-experts through use of analytical skills, creativity, critical thinking and ability to see the big picture
• Engaging with a multinational environment that implies excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Performing on-site visits to Deutsche Boerse Group’s legal entities’ operations offices in Europe and Asia
• Relevant university degree or similar
• Professional working experience in Risk Management, preferably in an international banking/securities processing environment
• Ability to explain complex concepts to non-experts, to see the big picture as well as the detail
• Strong analytical skills, creativity, critical thinking, ability to identify problems and propose solutions
• Knowledge of relevant risk management regulations (e.g MaRisk, KWG, etc)
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory. German is an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.