Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Risk Services Officer - Quantitative focus (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The CCP Risk Management department operates and develops the risk management systems for all markets cleared by Eurex Clearing. The resulting risk exposure is mainly generated from related markets/exchanges Eurex, Xetra, Eurex Repo and OTC traded swaps.
Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for the assessment, quantification and reporting of financial and operational risks for Eurex Clearing AG (ECAG) and acts AG in cooperation with the Group Risk Management (GRM) function of DBG.
Your primary responsibilities include a) quantitative and qualitative maintenance and development of 2nd Line of Defence framework in the area of liquidity risk management, b) tasks related to the ownership of outsourcing agreements within ERM and c) regular reporting activities for the management boards and committees of ECAG.
- Manage the development, deployment and ongoing maintenance of risk management policies focusing on liquidity risk
- Maintenance and quantitative development of liquidity indicators
- Collaboration and partially even design ownership on adequate creation and implementation of liquidity stress tests together with the main stakeholders from a second line of defense perspective
- Creation of regular management reporting and decision proposals for the respective boards and committees of ECAG
- Ownership on ILAAP-related tasks such as the coordination for the annual review
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with mainly internal stakeholders and in case needed also regulatory authorities
- Take ownership for dedicated tasks concerning established contracts, where ERM is the Business Owner
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline or similar educational background
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in a quantitative financial environment (ideally linked to liquidity risk management)
- Understanding of financial markets and the regulatory landscape (MaRisk, EMIR and especially ILAAP), as well as first experiences with financial risk models (e.g. VaR, stress testing, risk indicators)
- Well-developed analytical skills, as well as high results orientation and good communication skills
- Efficient team player with a high degree of organizational self-reliance
- Excellent command of MS office and programming skills within quantitative software used in the financial industry (e.g. Python, Matlab, …)
- Experience with analytics & business intelligence software (e.g. Qlik) would be an advantage
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required and additionally German-skills would be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.