Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Sales Manager (f/m/d)
Deutsche Boerse Systems, Inc. • New York
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
Within the Eurex Fixed Income / FX Derivatives and Repo Sales team, you will be responsible for actively managing and supporting a targeted customer portfolio made of banks, proprietary trading, brokerage firms and buy-side firms. In addition, you will be required to analyze the market potential and identify, build relationships with and recruit new Eurex clients on the U.S. East Coast and Canada. You will also develop sales concepts for new and existing Eurex products and coordinate sales activities on the U.S. East Coast and in Canada in cooperation with other Eurex departments.
- Manage the existing relationships with a number of allocated Eurex customers and drive client acquisition efforts in geographic area of responsibility
- Act as a liaison between the American customer base and other Eurex departments such as Product and Business Development, Market Supervision, Customer Support, Operations, IT and Marketing
- Become a product expert within the current Fixed Income / FX Derivatives and Repo product portfolio by understanding market needs, developing product strategy, and planning sales activities for existing and prospective customers, on both the buy and sell side
- Design product launch strategies, build target markets and analyse business potential for new products for presentation to management
- Produce marketing and sales materials; give presentations and/or training sessions for traders, IT staff, back-office staff etc., on Eurex products, functionalities, and technology
- Identify, develop, and maintain a sales pipeline and opportunities to increase trading and clearing flow from both existing and new clearing members and their clients not currently covered by the team
- Represent Eurex in marketing its products and services at conferences
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, business managers and project teams of both buy-side, sell-side institutions, and relevant vendor/ technology companies
- Highly self motivated, team-oriented individual with at least 5 years of successful client-facing sales experience in the futures, securities, or financial services industry
- Know-how of Fixed Income and FX Derivatives, Funding & Financing products, and markets, as well as a good understanding of the business motivations of various market participants (banks, brokers, market makers, CTAs, hedge funds, etc.).
- Understanding of the latest changes to the U.S. / Canadian regulatory landscape, its potential impact on financial legislation, and the trends towards centralized clearing
- Established relationships with securities lending and repo trading desks and/or portfolio managers is a plus
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Confident with strong communication skills, able to engage senior internal & external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work alone and as part of a team with the objective to meet common target achievement
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.