Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
SAP Basis Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Branch Prague • Cork, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
We are seeking a SAP Basis Engineer whose primary responsibility is management of the SAP systems and environment. In this role the employee will be actively involved in configuring, maintaining, and enhancing SAP Basis and handling migrations and implementations, as well as monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environments.
Area of work:
Our SAP BASIs/Operations team develops and runs the full SAP environment – S4, BW4, ERP, CRM, BW, and Cloud applications with Ariba, SuccessFactors, Concur, SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Cloud Platform along the full lifecycle all being monitored by Solution Manager 7.2. Our goal is to move all our remaining on-premises SAP systems to GCP.
The SAP Basis Administrator must possess the ability to analyze situations and provide problem resolution. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a requirement.
- Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training, and production)
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP TMS to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability, and performance of each SAP instance
- Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability
- Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor and manage the SAP background job workload
- Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies
- Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.)
- Knowledge and working experience in cloud infrastructure (SAP on GCP)
- Work with multiple IT vendors / partners
- 5+ years (minimum) experience in SAP BASIS Administration.
- Typically, 5+ years of experience in SAP environments in, SAP S/4 HANA, Business Information Warehouse (BW4HANA), Business Intelligence (BI) etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study, or equivalent experience
- Release Management experience including CHARM
- Hands-on Support experience in a busy environment
- Experience managing any of SAP HANA, ERP, Portal, BW, PI/PO, GRC, Gateway/Fiori, Solution Manager and SLD systems
- SAP ABAP & JAVA system installation & administration
- SAP client copies and system refreshes
- Advanced written and verbal communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Proven ability to manage and juggle competing priorities
- Good background in UNIX, Cloud infrastructure migrations (GCP an advantage)
- Good background in troubleshooting system performance problems or potential system installations
- Oversee solving complex business problems by creating IT solutions in consultation with business partners, architects, and other stakeholders
- Good Audit / system Hardening experience an advantage
- SaaS experience preferable
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.