Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
SAP HANA Administrator
Clearstream Global Securities Services Ltd. • Prague, Cork
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
We are seeking an experienced SAP HANA Administrator whose primary responsibility is management of the SAP HANA Database landscapes as well as coordinate with the SAP BASIS/Operations team. In this role the employee will be actively involved in the planning, installation, configuration, maintenance and production monitoring of the S4 database instances and associated software tools.
The SAP Database Administrator is responsible for the installation, database upgrades, and maintenance of SAP systems. Additional areas include the evaluation and design of interfaces between SAP and external systems, maintenance of the SAP Data Dictionary and database objects, and manage the migration of SAP database and application configuration into production as well as analyze, develop, and maintain data architectures and process models within SAP.
The SAP Database Administrator must possess the ability to analyze situations and provide problem resolution. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a requirement.
- Administer the SAP HANA databases as a Database Administrator (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.)
- The HANA DBA will be part of the SAP Basis/Operations technical team supporting all HANA environment lifecycle phases including planning, installation, configuration, patching, change-management, as well as backup and recovery planning
- Implementing SAP HANA Table management techniques - data compression, table partition, compression techniques, and load/unload table into memory
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance
- Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability
- Install and configure all required SAP HANA database servers and application servers
- Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor and manage the SAP background job workload
- Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies
- Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.)
- Knowledge and working experience in cloud infrastructure(SAP on GCP)
- Work with multiple IT vendors / partners
Education and Experience Required:
- 10+ years (minimum) experience in Database Administration
- Typically, 5+ years of experience in SAP HANA Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study, or equivalent experience.
- Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- HANA Implementation experience- Proven HANA support experience, including administration, backup, and fail-over
- Strong database troubleshooting skills - performance tuning, patching, provisioning, and high-availability of HANA systems
- HANA SPS updates, administration and Backup configuration
- Troubleshoot Hana memory bottlenecks and performance tuning
- Experience using database trace utilities and trace log-file analysis
- Experience using SAP HANA Studio, DBA cockpit, analyze traces and dumps for memory and CPU consumption
- Experience in managing users and roles in SAP HANA system
- Configuration of SAP HANA High Availability and Disaster Recovery set up
- Performed Support Package Update through SDM, JSPM, SUM
- SLD Administration
- SAP HANA multiple host system management
- SAP HANA Administration Tools
- SAP HANA System Management and Availability
- SAP HANA Lifecycle Management
- SAP HANA Security and User Management
- SAP HANA Backup and Recovery Management
- SAP HANA Data Provisioning and Integration with non-SAP systems
- Installation of SMD Agent and SAP Host Agent
- SAP client copies and system refreshes
- SAP Kernel upgrades
- Day to Day monitoring support for a largescale production environment
- SAP S/4 HANA global implementation experience or next generation business transformation
- Experience with SUSE or Red Hat, but preferable SLES
- Experience running Suite on HANA (CRM or S/4)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced written and verbal communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Experience in GCP/ Cloud Platform environments is preferable
- Proven ability to manage and juggle competing priorities
- Strong background in UNIX, Cloud infrastructure
- Oversee solving complex business problems by creating IT solutions in consultation with business partners, architects, and other stakeholders
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.