Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Securities Administrator - Asset Services (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
Joining a dynamic, international & multicultural team of dedicated and experienced people, you will be responsible for strengthening Tax Intelligence team.
Your role will consist in providing guidance regarding all tax impacts on Clearstream’s services, to assist internal stakeholders Tax Intelligence team is interacting with, as well as Clearstream customers on all tax matters related to Income and/or Corporate Actions payments.
You will act as a strategic internal consultant related to Clearstream business and applicable tax regimes and for the identification of any tax regulatory compliance issues/impacts pertaining to Clearstream acting as a fiscal agent.
In addition, following international market practices and working in collaboration with withholding tax agents, various tax authorities and operational teams, your role is to contribute in identifying any tax issues, prepare written communications, help clients and provide general guidance to the Head of Tax, Responsible Officer and upper Management bodies.
- Become familiar with tax practice services, processes, roles and responsibilities
- Be a key member of the Tax Services Luxembourg Department working closely together with processing teams and the tax helpdesk teams cross locations
- Be in contact with relevant local tax authorities, custodians and tax advisors to ensure that (i) Clearstream’s tax roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and complied with, and that (ii) Clearstream’s clients have reliable support and the most updated tax market information
- Conduct relevant tax supervision to support compliance of Clearstream with its operational tax requirements - contractual agreements with local tax authorities
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the Clearstream organisation such as Product Management, Legal, Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit to ensure tax processes meet the standards of the market
- Review contracts (Statement of Work, Letter of Engagement) and other documents related to Tax Operations
- Anticipate and identify potential tax issues/impacts in relation to Tax services and counselling Head of Tax/Upper Management bodies in order to develop strategies-solutions to achieve effective de-risking
- Build internal and external relationships with relevant suppliers, customers tax authorities and local tax advisors/consultants.
- Provides quality customer care with a focus on potential tax issues/impacts in the offered Tax services
- Provide appropriate reasoning to guarantee rapid and efficient identification of any potential tax – tax regulatory compliance issue/impacts and their related resolution as regards to complex tax related matters
- Execute work assignment in due time
- Report to upper Management any identified potential tax issues/impacts in relation to the Tax services and provide relevant recommendations in relation thereto
- Support a positive mindset and team attitude rather than individualism
- University degree in Finance/Law/Economics/Business/Tax or similar discipline
- Tax background with minimum 5 years of qualified professional experience out of which at least 5 years should be in the field of international Withholding Tax on financial instruments
- Tax knowledge and expertise on withholding tax and capital gain tax on European / non-European markets is an asset
- Experience in banking/custody activities in an international environment
- Demonstrate learning ability and a strong analytical mindset
- Confident in ability to deliver the expected level of expertise to the Clearstream organisation
- Customer focused, risk culture, pro-active and able to work under pressure with good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Open minded in work approach and display a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong team player in a multicultural environment, able to take initiative, highly motivated and flexible
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written); French and/or German is a strong asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.