Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Securities Administrator - New Issues - 1 year FTC (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Your area of work
New Issues work closely with authorised market players and in this context, the Senior Securities Administrator will be part of a dynamic team of dedicated and experienced people. They will be required to independently handle the eligibility of the more complex new issues in Clearstream. They will be required to guide primary market players in meeting our needs and understanding our requirements. In addition, they will be required to promote, implement and support Clearstream’s services and products linked to the International Primary Market. They should focus on delivering consistent quality to market participants, focus on reducing risk and be prepared to be challenged.
Your responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Review, creation and checking of complex international issues and securities issued via LuxCSD; independently. This includes ensuring tasks linked to the acceptance of international issues are monitored, chased and accepted before closing date (if eligible)
- Process all queries independently (should require very limited guidance) in a professional and timely manner that arise internally and externally from authorised entities regarding complex structures, including LuxCSD – which can include eligibility queries linked to compliance, corporate actions, income, tax events, legal, settlement and special services
- Reconcile, flag and support complex queries on new issues that may or may not be taxable by Clearstream as withholding agent
- Handle queries related to the requirement of New Look Global Notes (NGN) & New Safekeeping Structure (NSS), including conversions and ECB eligibility
- Perform, comply and explain all necessary KYC and Compliance referral checks on such international new issues including implementing any procedural requirements
- Administrate and/or manage the Ancillary Settlement Services for key customers
- Handle or manage ICA Code allocation services if required including presenting, testing with external contacts
- Support and guide internal teams handling any tasks that have been outsourced, highlighting to management any issues that need to be addressed or adapted
- When requested participate or manage the new issues part of related projects in IDS
- Execute the allocated tasks accurately and in due time
- Comply with the effective controls, system access in addition to internal policies and procedures. Comply with Industry standards related to Primary Markets (for example Numbering Agency guidelines, ICMA, ICMSA, ISMAG)
- Independently handle and initiate the update of internal procedures
- Train or Mentor other new issues administrators, act as a source of reference for internal and external contacts
- Handle and coordinate the Unit Recovery Plan for other Units as required
- Start to initiate, manage and cultivate existing or new relationships with contacts in the international primary market
- Process settlement of new issues on the primary market (Syndicated distributions)
- A level or University degree, or comparable qualifications or banking experience
- A very good understanding of financial markets and instruments
- Good analytical skills and numerical skills
- Accuracy, flexibility, excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player, Team Leader and ability to work independently on complex tasks
- Excellent customer focus
- Ability to cope with deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to adapt to a constant changing environment and situation
- Willing to take responsibility but also be able to highlight and escalate risk areas when necessary
- Demonstrate initiative, be proactive and look to continuously learn and develop
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Competent handling of MS Office applications
Duration: full-time contract
Start date: 1 January 2022
We look forward to receiving your CV and Cover Letter in English!
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.