Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Securities Lending Trader
Clearstream Banking S.A. London Branch • London
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The Collateral, Lending and Liquidity Solutions Distribution Desk’s mission is to provide premium solutions to existing clients of Clearstream Banking while contributing to Clearstream Banking’s revenue and success within the Deutsche Börse Group.
With a passion to serve and dedication to our task, we translate market needs into innovative solutions by incorporating new ideas into the Clearstream Collateral, Lending and Liquidity Solutions product family effectively and efficiently. We try and find the most flexible solutions for our clients and at the same time, we look to ensure that these solutions are viable and sustainable for the company.
Our aim is to offer the best solutions for intraday liquidity, collateral mobility; balance sheet netting and optimisation as well as regulatory topics such as uncleared margin requirements (UMR)/Initial Margin Segregation and SFTR.
• Promote our products and services suites of Clearstream to eligible customers with a special focus on ASLplus, Clearstream’s proprietary securities lending and borrowing programme.
• Proactively arrange securities lending trades and negotiate rates / fees in government bonds, corporate bonds and equities and others lendable asset classes in line with an agreed lending framework (credit line or limit availability / restrictions.)
• Manage the day-to-day locates and specific requests and maximize the utilisation of lending client’s portfolios with our borrowers within the credit constraints agreed with credit / risk.
• Leverage technical and quantitative skills to improve trading performance, including working closely with researchers and developers to build best in class technological solutions.
• Monitor the development of the outstanding, deal and resolve day-to-day customer queries efficiently and appropriately. Monitor and escalate any issues with the relevant customer and / or internal business units. Manage client expectations and appraise management accordingly.
• Co-operate with other sales and relationship management groups (custody, investment funds) as well as other Deutsche Börse Group entities to facilitate holistic client coverage across the Group with the intention of growing our securities lending and borrowing business and promote Collateral, Lending and Liquidity Solutions’S offer.
• Support the sales team with the preparation, co-ordination and delivery of customer visits, presentations, industry conferences and webinars with sales, marketing and corporate communications.
Education/Professional Experience/Skills required
• A Bachelor's degree (ideally in finance or business administration); Master’s degree is an advantage
• 1-3y experience in securities finance, collateral management, REPO or liquidity optimisation preferred but will consider other relevant background.
• Advanced experience with Bloomberg, Excel and other technical abilities highly preferred.
• High degree of comfort and fluency with technology and an understanding of how it is applied to business will be an advantage.
• Good analytical, problem solving and integrated thinking skills
• Communicative and innovative personality with a good network in the financial service sector
• Highly motivated, flexible and able to work across different products, comfortable taking initiative in pursuing new opportunities and ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent presentation skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Fluent English is essential and business-level modern European languages (i.e. German, French etc) is an advantage
• Dedication, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.