Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Securities Reconciliation Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The Controls and Services department oversees the securities and cash reconciliation of various Deutsche Börse Group entities and performs business control functions. As a Securities Reconciliation Officer you will be responsible for the daily reconciliation of security positions that are held in various entities against the external custodians that hold the positions in the respective international and domestic markets. Upon detection of differences in the securities balance you will be responsible for the root cause investigation, communication between internal and external stakeholders and the control on the corrective measures until a difference is solved. You will be assigned a set of custodians for whom you will be independently in charge of all securities reconciliation matters.
- Daily reconciliation of recorded securities balances against positions reported by custodians
- Detailed investigation of differences incl. the identification of the root cause, the allocation to the internal/external stakeholder that caused the difference and close follow up until the resolution of the difference
- Regular reporting of reconciliation status by custodian
- Maintaining strong and effectively working connections to external custodians
- Responsibilities can be extended to further securities reconciliation associated task, e. g. provision of certified statement of holdings to clients and their auditors
- Contributing to a continuous improvement of our services and processes
- You have successfully completed your secondary school or university degree and/or have first work experience in the fields of business administration or finance
- You have a very good written and spoken English for daily communication with internal and external counterparties
- You possess excellent analytical skills, intercultural competencies, a hands-on mentality and can work under pressure
- You are excited about analysing complex chains of transactions to understand the movement of positions and can keep the overview of various processes/investigations running in parallel
- You are ready to deliver high quality work in a business area that is highly regulated by national and international laws and regulations that you must adhere to
- Your profile is rounded off by very good MS Office application knowledge and a very good computer literacy in general
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.