Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Senior AML/ CTF Compliance officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Your area of work:
The Compliance Function works closely with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure compliance with national and international laws and regulations applicable to the various units of the Deutsche Börse Group and its business activities. The compliance function has a proactive role in the identification of possible non-compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. Clearstream Compliance works in partnership with Group Compliance which is responsible in defining group-wide compliance policies, supports their uniform application within the group entities, and provides centralised services to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption, data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related securities law requirements.
Located in Luxembourg you will assist the Head of Compliance Advisory (“HCA”) in the development and implementation of the compliance program across the business areas of the specific legal entity, as one component of a broader compliance approach across the Deutsche Börse Group and Clearstream Sub-Group.
- Contribute and be responsible for establishing AML & CTF standards and implementing local procedures where additional regulatory or Deutsche Börse Group requirements do exist
- Provide assurance of compliance with applicable laws, regulation, best practice and firm standards
- Support the 1st Line of Defense, acting as a Subject Matter expert
- Assist the HCA in preparing and providing regular compliance reports. Escalate significant compliance issues promptly to the HCA and CCO
- Perform ad hoc investigations in case a suspicious behaviour is detected and support the MLRO in the answer to FIU demands
- Enable the exchange of lessons learnt and best practice for proactive compliance management, between all functions within Clearstream.
- Contribute to the development and roll out of strategic global initiatives, working with project leadership, managers, and other staff members to better ensure efficiency and reduce compliance risks
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the operational duties of the CBL Compliance Team (compliance assessment for prospects, KYC review on clients, new issues and alerts management)
- University degree in economics, finance or law or a relevant comparable qualification
- Strong knowledge of the AML/CTF regulatory framework applicable to Clearstream Banking S.A. (e.g. AML Law, CSSF Circular 12/552, Market Abuse)
- Good understanding of the fund industry would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in Luxembourg
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities whilst being solution driven and client focused
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, including ability to present complex matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- High level commitment and motivation
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Ninwe Gourie – Campus Recruiting
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.