Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Senior Associate - Clearing Strategy & Initiatives (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
This position is initially limited for 2 years and located flexible in Franfurt or London.
Field of activity
Eurex Clearing is one of the leading central counterparties globally — assuring the safety and integrity of markets while providing innovation in risk management, clearing technology and client asset protection. We clear the broadest scope of products under a single framework in Europe — both listed products and OTC — and accept the world’s widest spectrum of eligible collateral. Eurex Clearing provides its services for derivatives, equities, and securities financing markets. We stand between the buyer and the seller, which makes us central counterparty for all transactions. Our integrated business model maximizes capital, margin and collateral efficiencies and combines seamless post-trade services with an industry leading risk management.
Clearing and Fixed Income, Funding & Financing Strategy is responsible for the business strategy, pricing of products and services and the successful implementation of selected strategic initiatives. Within the Clearing and Fixed Income, Funding & Financing Strategy section, the unit Clearing Strategy & Initiatives is an elite team of business experts focusing on market trends and regulatory developments, as well as project managers executing most important strategic initiatives. The team works in close coordination with senior management across Eurex Clearing, Eurex Frankfurt, Eurex Repo and Deutsche Börse Group.
- Responsibility for analyzing business trends and market and regulatory developments
- Support of the annual business strategy review process
- Making strategic recommendations to senior management
- Involvement in and potentially management of the successful implementation of selected strategic initiatives
- Business & industry intelligence: Deep understanding of financial markets, especially in the asset classes cleared by Eurex Clearing, and a good understanding of central clearing
- Analytic excellence: Be able to evaluate strategic questions and to support the development of strategic responses. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Team spirit: Work closely with colleagues in the team and across the firm, reflect their perspectives and ensure strategic recommendations are executable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: Proof excellence in written and oral communication and the ability to drive agreement through interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong commitment: Show outstanding commitment on achieving short- and long-term goals. Ability to work under pressure and to support the execution of the team’s agenda in time and quality
- University degree or comparable qualification
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Advanced presentation skills and handling of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word,Powerpoint, Access)
- 4+ years of experience in financial products and services
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.