Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Senior Associate Vice President - Risk Management (f/m/d)
CFC S.A. (CFCL) • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
Clearstream Fund Centre Risk Management provides regular and ad hoc reports on Clearstream Fund Centre’s qualitative and quantitative risk profile incorporating all relevant risk figures according to the internal assessments on the companywide capital and liquidity adequacy (ICAAP & ILAAP), e.g., key metrics quantifying operational, financial, business and pension risks. The main goal is to support the effective and efficient risk management, which empowers Clearstream Fund Centre management to control the companywide risk profile, as well as significant individual risks, in a timely manner.
In your primary role as risk reporting and governance officer, you will drive and participate in all risk reporting tasks informing the Clearstream Fund Centre senior management on the current risk situation. Furthermore, you will be constantly looking for possibilities to optimize and automatize processes within the risk management function covering all legal entities in scope.
- Review the existing reporting tasks and processes performed in Clearstream risk management units
- Independently challenge the effectiveness of reporting processes and their level of automatization
- Critically assess the quality of the reported risk figures regarding their completeness, traceability and consistency between different risk categories and legal entities within the Clearstream Fund Service segment
- Ensure a holistic and consistent reporting across all risk categories for different types of reports and addressees
- Prepare and maintain an aggregated risk reporting at different levels considering different risk assessments
- Prepare regular and ad hoc risk reporting to senior management, regulator, Deutsche Börse Group, and other stakeholders
- Set up, maintain, and continuously develop the risk reporting documentation
- Risk oversight of legal entities within the Clearstream Fund Service segment and follow-up on risk indicator set up and development as well as on-going initiatives
- Lead, drive, and report on risk management change initiatives across the Clearstream Fund Service segment
- Identification and impact assessment of new and revised regulations affecting the risk management function
- Management of internal and external audit requests and follow-up on remediation processes for risk management area
- Development and implementation of risk governance framework
- Relevant university degree in the field of economics, law, business studies or related topics
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in risk reporting, enterprise risk management or non-financial risk area
- Excellent understanding of financial markets and the regulatory landscape (e.g., Banking Package, SREP, MiFid, Digital Finance Package, BRRD, CSSF Circulars, EBA guidelines, ESG and Sustainability Reporting)
- Expertise in Pillar 1 and 3 of CRD will be considered as an asset
- Well-developed analytical skills, creativity, critical thinking, ability to identify problems and propose pragmatic solutions in a timely manner
- High degree of results orientation as well as excellent presentation and communication skills
- Efficient team player with a high degree of organizational self-reliance
- Mastering MS Office package especially Power Point, Power BI, Excel and Word
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, German or French skills would be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.