Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Senior Banking Accountant with Regulatory focus (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Area of your work:
You will shoulder responsibility in one of the world’s leading international clearing and settlement organizations and will act as a communicator and connector between Accounting, Regulatory Compliance and Auditors. In a dynamic, client- and technology-oriented environment, you will be both in charge of the preparation and coordination of the long form audit report and related accounting tasks. Where the long form audit report will require you to be a linking pin between all involved units and stakeholders – such as operations, information technology, compliance and statutory auditors – the accounting tasks will challenge you to work on all common accounting operations, on questions of group-wide consolidation and on the closing process.
In addition, you will be involved in the analysis of new supervisory regulations, especially from an accounting point of view, and the implementation within the Clearstream sub-group investment fund business. Where needed, you will perform deep dive-analyses of regulatory requirements coming along with a highly dynamic environment and challenge both internal and external stakeholders on their interpretations.
You will experience great multicultural teamwork as well as flat hierarchies and get the opportunity to develop further while working with accounting and regulatory specialists. In a nutshell, you as a dedicated specialist in accounting and regulatory compliance will serve as central institution concerning the long form audit report and all related accounting tasks.
- Prepare financial statement (LUX GAAP/IFRS) and long form report for the bank
- Support Regulatory reporting (FINREP)
- Consolidation at the holding level
- Knowledge of IFRS 9 and IFRS 15
- Provide analysis for the financial statements and ad hoc project
- Liaise with auditors (internal and external) by preparing requested analyses and documentation and advising them of activities and by preparing the long form audit report jointly and acting as their sparring partner
- Management of the day-to-day relationship with all stakeholders involved in the long form audit report
- Review and prepare reporting packs on a quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure proper application of relevant accounting policies Responsible of key controls, reconciliations and adequate documentation
- Update accounting policies and procedures as necessary
- Analysis of supervisory topics of various kinds and implementation within the Clearstream sub-group
- Ensure proper application of relevant long form audit report- and accounting-requirements
- Consultancy / support of projects / initiatives with relation to regulatory topics and M&A topics
- University degree in business administration or economics majoring in one of the following: accountancy, regulatory compliance or banking; alternatively, equivalent qualifications also possible
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience on described topics in the finance industry or audit company
- Good knowledge of accounting regimes (IFRS and Lux-GAAP) and financial regulations; knowledge on investment fund market infrastructure rules like MIFID and CRR principles on financial market infrastructures will be regarded as an asset
- Excellent communication skills in order to manage multitude and diversity of stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team and in a matrix organisation within a multicultural and multi-location, international environment
- Solid IT skills, especially MS-Office applications and SAP
- Proficiency in verbal and written English and French; German language skill is an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
Top up your pension! We provide you a contribution to the pension fund which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.
Your work-life balance is important! We offer you our MultiSport Card which you can use for various sport and wellness activities.