Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
(Senior) Compliance Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
The Compliance Function works closely with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure compliance with national and international laws and regulations applicable to the various units of the Deutsche Börse Group, amongst which the Clearstream entities, and its business activities. The Clearstream Compliance function has a proactive role in the identification of possible non-compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. Clearstream Compliance works in partnership with Group Compliance which is responsible in defining group-wide compliance policies, supports their uniform application within the group entities, and provides centralised services to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption; data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related securities law requirements.
Located in Luxembourg you will be strengthening the Compliance Strategy & Change Management team and further contribute to the success of the overall Clearstream Compliance function embedded in a broader compliance approach across the Deutsche Börse Group and Clearstream Sub-Group.
- Contribute to the Material Change Process as 2nd line of defense by providing Compliance assessments and advise to proposals on new products, services and markets
- Play an active and leading role in Compliance related Project Management topics
- Contribute to the Compliance assessment for M&A projects
- Support and coordinate of internal or external audits on the Compliance function
- Support and coordinate resolution of external and internal audit findings on the Compliance function
- Monitor regulatory requirements and market practices
- Observe and analyse market trends potentially impacting the work and risk considerations of the Compliance function and propose strategic positioning towards such trends and topics
- Contribute to the operational duties of the Clearstream Compliance Team (compliance assessment for prospects, clients, securities and alerts management)
- University degree in economics, finance or law or similar
- Minimum of 5-8 years practical work experience gained either in the Compliance function of a financial institution, in an audit function/firm or as member of a supervisory authority to the financial service industry is an asset
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements applicable to Clearstream Banking S.A. and to Deutsche Börse Group entities (e.g. MiFID II, MAR, CSSF Circular 12/552, CSSF Circular 20/744, etc)
- Strong conceptual and methodological skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Communication and negotiation skills, including ability to present complex matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- Strong individual initiative, high level commitment and motivation
- Leadership qualities and readiness to take responsibility and ownership
- Ability to work in a team and to actively promote communication and cooperation
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required. French and/or German are a strong asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.