Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Senior Compliance Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Your area of work
The Compliance Function works closely with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure compliance with national and international laws and regulations applicable to the various units of the Deutsche Börse Group and its business activities. The compliance function has a proactive role in the identification of possible non-compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. Clearstream Compliance works in partnership with Group Compliance which is responsible in defining group-wide compliance policies, supports their uniform application within the group entities, and provides centralised services to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption; data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related securities law requirements.
Located in Luxembourg you will be strengthening the Compliance Strategy & Change Management team and further contribute to the success of the overall Clearstream Compliance function embedded in a broader compliance approach across the Deutsche Börse Group and Clearstream Sub-Group.
- Contribute to the Material Change Process as 2nd line of defense by providing Compliance assessments and advise to proposals on new products, services and markets
- Play an active and leading role in Compliance related Project Management topics
- Contribute to the Compliance assessment for M&A projects
- Support and coordinate internal or external audits on the Compliance function
- Support and coordinate resolution of external and internal audit findings on the Compliance function
- Monitor regulatory requirements and market practices
- Observe and analyse market trends potentially impacting the work and risk considerations of the Compliance function and propose strategic positioning towards such trends and topics
- Contribute to the reporting requirements of the function and perform presentations in the various governing bodies (Compliance Committees, Executive Boards…) as required
- Contribute to the operational duties of the Clearstream Compliance Team (compliance assessment for prospects, clients, securities and alerts management)
- University degree in economics, finance or law or similar
- Minimum of 5-8 years practical work experience gained either in the Compliance function of a financial institution, in an audit function/firm or as member of a supervisory authority to the financial service industry is an asset
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements applicable to Clearstream Banking S.A. and to Deutsche Börse Group entities (e.g. CSDR, MiFID II, GDPR, MAR, CSSF Circular 12/552, CSSF Circular 20/744 etc)
- Strong conceptual and methodological skills
- Attention on detail and organizational skills
- Communication and negotiation skills, including ability to present complex matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- Strong individual initiative, high level commitment and motivation
- Leadership qualities and readiness to take responsibility and ownership
- Ability to work in a team and to actively promote communication and cooperation
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required. French and/or German are a strong asset.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.