Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Senior Compliance Officer
Clearstream Banking S.A. Singapore Branch • Singapore
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of Activity
To ensure the activities of Clearstream Banking Luxembourg S.A. (“Clearstream”) are conducted in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, circulars, and directives; and focus on regulatory and policy requirements applicable to Clearstream’s global customer base, products and services with the mission to ensure that Clearstream maintains high standards of practice in the eyes of the customers, the public and the authorities in the markets that it serves.
Overall role is to assist the appointed Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and Head of Compliance Asia for Clearstream with the requirements of the Luxembourg and Singapore AML Laws and company policies.
Assist the CCO & Head of Compliance in:
- Implementing and monitoring the Financial Crime Prevention program that covers AML/CFT, anti-frauds, anti-Bribery and Corruption and market abuse / insider trading, including but not limited to providing advisory and support to the business in handling escalated AML/CTF queries (advising on risk-based approach), and other compliance topics, providing training on AML/ CTF, etc;
- Implementing and monitoring an oversight program of customer lifecycle management that includes Customer Acceptance & Refusal, screenings, periodic and ad-hoc KYC controls and offboarding as the second line of defence, and ensuring compliance with the on-going AML/CTF duties including but not limited to reporting with respect to suspicious activity and related follow-up with the appropriate authorities where necessary, remediation projects etc;
- Implementing and monitoring an oversight program of Issuer Acceptance & Refusal;
- Providing support to the first line of defence in the context of CSD-R;
- Ensuring that Company’s risk assessment framework is maintained and up to date;
- Providing guidance to other compliance officer(s) in the discharge of compliance duties and responsibilities;
- Supporting ad-hoc projects related to AML/CTF or other compliance topics;
- Providing cover in the absence of compliance colleague(s) in the business advisory tasks and if necessary, regulatory compliance tasks, e.g. providing response to regulator’s request for information.
- Acting as compliance support and advisory assistance to first line of defence employees and management for any question related to AML/CTF and KYC;
- Handling internal and external audits on AML/CTF and KYC;
- Preparing reporting for the respective committees within the defined frequency;
- Working closely with Compliance teams of the Head Office and Clearstream regional offices in handling BAU tasks which may include the need for alignment;
- Representing Clearstream Compliance in internal committees, in local industry forums and when required, liaise with external parties such as legal advisors, business partners, auditors, regulators and customers;
- Monitoring all relevant national and international regulatory changes and ensuring compliance with AML/CTF and KYC related regulatory obligations at all times,; and
- Other duties that may be assigned by CCO or Head of Compliance Asia from time to time.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- University degree, preferably in Law or International Business, Economics
- Minimum 10 Years of Compliance experience in the Singapore banking industry preferably related to Asset Services, Settlement and/or Investment Funds
- Excellent understanding of AML/CTF and KYC regulations on Credit Institutions, Knowledge of cross-border and (International) Central Securities Depository (I)CSD is a strong plus
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills; able to ensure proper and accurate documentation of decision-making, and present complex matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; proficiency in any other languages would be an additional benefit
- Team player, able to work independently on complex matters/ projects
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
As part of employees’ welfare you benefit from an annual allowance in addition to your usual salary.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Top up your pension! We pay you a pension allowance which is meant to build up additional retirement savings on top of your mandatory statutory contributions.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.