Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Senior Credit Analyst
Clearstream Banking S.A. Singapore Branch • Singapore
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Group Credit’s overriding objective is to ensure that business activities are conducted within a prudent credit risk framework that is consistent with the bank’s credit appetite and in compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements.
In your position as senior Credit Analyst you will be acting as Team Leader for the Singapore Credit team, and will be mainly responsible for assessing the general creditworthiness of counterparts and collateral issuers (financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns) operating in a variety of mature and growth countries. As part of the group-wide Credit team, you will provide credit recommendations to management and respond promptly to demands for credit information and advice from the business areas.
Furthermore, you will monitor customers’ exposures targeting maximum settlement efficiency while ensuring that the level of credit risk accepted by Clearstream is in accordance with the bank’s credit policies, underwriting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Act as Team Leader for the Singapore Credit Analysis team
- Conduct credit research and market intelligence in order to acquire sufficient knowledge of the counterparts under your responsibility
- Assess customer’s credit needs based on historical data and available collateral
- Prepare annual counterparts credit reviews and ad-hoc credit assessment
- Recommend acceptance of new clients and credit limits
- Evaluate the criteria taken into account for collateral eligibility and search for improvements in the criteria used and the quality of data
- Monitor credit exposures, authorise purchases of securities and the release of customers’ payments while ensuring adherence to settlement and currency deadlines
- Contribute to the review, upgrade and development of credit policies, procedures and guidelines
- Work on the maintenance, design, testing and implementation of new and existing credit tools
- Review and assess the impact on the credit business of new regulations and guidelines issued by relevant authorities in Luxembourg, Frankfurt and Singapore
- Participate in credit projects and ad-hoc requests
- University degree in Business, Accountancy or Banking & Finance
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills supported by prior experience in credit analysis of banks and other financial institutions
- Sound knowledge of different financial instruments
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team in an international environment; ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Credibility and drive to present senior management with robust and accurate credit recommendations
- Highly motivated and willing to assume additional assignments, including working in shifts
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent command of English. Knowledge of any other language is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to operate across a number of functions and business areas
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
As part of employees’ welfare you benefit from an annual allowance in addition to your usual salary.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Top up your pension! We pay you a pension allowance which is meant to build up additional retirement savings on top of your mandatory statutory contributions.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.