Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Senior Financial Risk Manager (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Clearstream Risk Management is responsible for the assessment, quantification and reporting of financial and operational risks of the Clearstream group. In your new role you will functionally be part of the Financial Risk team. The unit inter alia assumes responsibility for design, maintenance and progression of all quantitative models used to determine capital requirements for financial risks under the economic perspective within the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) of Deutsche Börse Group. Furthermore, the continuous review, assessment and development of the Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) for Clearstream entities and related Treasury models is part of this position. As a Senior Financial Risk Manager, you will significantly contribute to Clearstream’s overall risk strategy and shape its way towards establishing a robust financial risk management framework in one of the largest financial market infrastructure providers.
- Given your broad risk management expertise, you take responsibility for the annual review of the risk inventory and associated materiality assessment of Clearstream entities in the economic perspective for all types of financial risks.
- Based on your strong quantitative background and model design expertise, you will analyse, design, maintain, and enhance the risk methodology for financial risk drivers (credit, market and liquidity), which includes the development of frameworks for both adequate stress scenarios and rigorous back tests to continuously evaluate a model’s performance. You will support Clearstream entities in modelling stress tests for economic capital requirements, in the regular mid- and long-term corporate capital planning as well as in performing ad hoc risk analysis.
- You will be involved in the regular parameter and assumption review as well as model amendments due to changes in e.g. business strategy, market economics or regulatory landscape with special focus on Clearstream entities and the CSD business
- Your IT affinity is required for supportive advisory and testing activities during the productive IT integration of model enhancements for Clearstream entities into DBG’s regular group-wide risk reports and legal entity -specific risk reporting.
- You have successfully completed your university degree in a quantitative discipline, providing you with a sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
- You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the financial industry, preferably in a credit, market or liquidity risk model development or validation role, with proven problem-solving skills
- You have a well-founded and broad understanding of different financial markets and products as well as the regulatory landscape (e.g. MaRisk, ICAAP/ILAAP EBA Guidelines)
- You are an efficient team player with a high degree of organizational self-reliance and good communication skills, enabling you to collaborate with people across various levels of seniority
- You are at least adept in MS Office usage, a level of programming and database experience is desirable (e.g. Python, SQL)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German or French language skills will be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.