Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Senior Java Developer - CBL (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services Branch Prague • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
We are looking for a Senior JAVA software developer to join the CBL Connectivity & Data development team (HUB) to work on a JMS middleware application. The application is based on Java JDK8 and JDK11, it’s in-house developed application deployed partially as a standalone java and partially on the OpenShift platform. For persistence the Oracle RDBMS and Apache Kafka are used. The application consists of separate micro-services which communicate over JMS with each other as well as with rest of the world. We use GitHub, JIRA, Gradle, Jenkins, Sonar, JUnit, HPFortify.
- Work on highly critical part of connectivity infrastructure
- Read and clarify business requirements if needed
- Communicate the scope and timeline with management of the project
- Present solutions proposals to the team and incorporate changes if requested
- Design interfaces with internal and external systems
- Become a leader and inspiration for juniors
- Support the application when tested or operated in simulation environment
- Performance tuning, sampling and profiling if needed
- Learn and follow the software delivery process at DBG
- University degree in information technology, engineering or similar (CTU, UK MFF)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java
- Experience within the following technologies: JMS / SOA, Object oriented design techniques, SQL, JUnit or similar
- Practical knowledge in the area of people management, product ownership, capacity planning or similar
- Support of IT systems in a productive use
- Critical thinking, the ability to identify root cause and to propose solutions
- Strong communication skills and ability to negotiate
- High self-motivation, attention to details
Following experience is a plus:
- Experience with Linux
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Cloud Services (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Previous experience in the financial sector
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.