Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Senior Sanctions Compliance Officer (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Your area of work
The Compliance Function works closely with the individual business units and group control functions to ensure compliance with national and international laws and regulations applicable to the various units of the Deutsche Börse Group and its business activities. The compliance function has a proactive role in the identification of possible non-compliance or reputational risks, including those that may arise in connection with new activities and products. Clearstream Compliance works in partnership with Group Compliance which is responsible in defining group-wide compliance policies, supports their uniform application within the group entities, and provides centralised services to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, international financial sanctions, anti-corruption, data protection, and the prevention of conflicts of interest and related securities law requirements.
Located in Luxembourg you will assist the Head of Compliance Advisory in the implementation and refinement of the sanctions compliance program across the business areas of the specific legal entity, as one component of a broader compliance approach across the Deutsche Börse Group and Clearstream Sub-Group.
- Provide Sanctions-related advisory and subject matter expertise on core risk areas to the 1st Line of Defense and ensure the required regulatory watch on sanctions
- Assist with Sanctions issues, requiring detailed analysis and/or internal/external legal advice/interaction with regulators
- Contribute to the continued effective implementation and refinement of a robust Sanctions compliance framework, in consultation with Deutsche Börse Group Sanctions team.
- Participate in local and Group projects and working groups
- Assist the Head of Compliance Advisory with maintenance of all relevant management information and provide regular compliance reports, including assistance with internal/external audits
- Enable the exchange of lessons learnt and best practice for proactive compliance management, between all functions within Clearstream and deliver targeted Sanctions training to employees
- Handle the operational aspects of the sanctions monitoring (validation of transactions, information to depositories and authorities….)
- Develop and perform dedicated sanctions trainings
- Contribute to the day-to-day operational activities of the Clearstream Compliance Team (compliance assessment for prospects, clients, new issues and alert management)
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- University degree in economics, finance or law or a relevant comparable qualification
- Strong knowledge of Financial Crime and Sanctions laws and regulations (e.g. EU, UN, OFAC), and best-practice
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position in the securities custody business
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills, with excellent attention to details
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, including ability to present complex sanctions matters in a clear and comprehensive way
- High level commitment and motivation
We look forward to receiving your CV and Cover Letter in English !
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.